Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers at Browns

Re: Steelers at Browns

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Ben has now been sacked 7 times tonight.

Make that 8.

I was lovin' every minute of it. Can't wait to get to work this morning. There's a guy on the line who was giving Brown fans all kinds of grief this week, and runnin' his mouth. I didn't say anything, and let's be honest..... Brown fans don't have much to be happy about. But he made over $400 worth of bets.

But ya gotta love beatin' the Squealers!

I'm not the biggest Mangini fan; but you have to give him the opportunity to turn this program around. He cleaned out some players and attitudes over the past off-season, and they are a relatively young team.

And I like Ryan as defensive coordinator.

And regardless of how bad this team is this year, one thing I've noticed is that the players do play hard and don't give up. And in the second half of the season I have seen progress with this team, regardless of the W-L record.

We need a playmaker or two on the offensive side. Especially in the receiver corp. And we need to shore up our run defense. But I am optimistic about this team going forth.

And we get 11 draft picks this year. So we'll see.

But for cryin' out loud...... PAY CRIBBS DA' MONEY!!!!!!
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Well, now the Pittsburgh fans can start focusing on the Pirates a little early this year. Hey, you guys just signed Bobby Crosby!

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    If someone would've told me before the season that the Steelers would've lost to those three teams and had a 6-7 record at this point I would've laughed.
    Post Super Bowl hangover. In order to win a Super Bowl a lot of things have to go right and often those breaks even out the next year. The Steelers have gotten a lot of bad breaks this year.

I also think their O-coordinator needs to go.

I guess the give em hell plant hasn't worked
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

As I told all my Steeler fans. They've sure looked like hell the last two weeks.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Post Super Bowl hangover. In order to win a Super Bowl a lot of things have to go right and often those breaks even out the next year. The Steelers have gotten a lot of bad breaks this year.

I also think their O-coordinator needs to go.
    And, no matter how much any team tries to deny it, keeping that edge after reaching the pinnacle is the downfall of many teams who won a championship in the prior year. That, and players start getting too big for their britches. Throw in the unavoidable injuries, exacerbated by the key player injuries, like your QB both on O and D, and suddenly a good team is very ordinary.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Pittsburgh has gotten away from what has made them successful in the past, a solid running game and clock control. I know nobody outside of the Steel City would admit this, but I see a problem with one of two people, Mike Tomlin or Ben Roethlisberger.

IMO Big Ben is trying to be the superhero and control the game. Tomlin has gotten away from the approach that has made them so successful so it really makes me wonder if it is trying to appease Roethlisberger or a coaching blunder.

I'd say a new QB is more likely given the concussion history. Can't see the Steelers burning a first round pick there though. Just curious what Steeler fans think.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Ben has now been sacked 7 times tonight.

He really holds onto the ball way too long

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    If someone would've told me before the season that the Steelers would've lost to those three teams and had a 6-7 record at this point I would've laughed.
    If someone had told me they would have been swept by a 9-3 Bengals team this season, I would have said "Keep dreaming." And I'm a Bengals fan.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Sure looks like Pittsburgh has quit on both Tomlin and Big Ben. They definitely didn't show up last night in Cleveland, plus that O line let Burger take a beating. Eight sacks, wow even for a QB that holds on to the ball a long time that sure is a lot. Makes me wonder if there are some tensions behind the scenes.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Sure looks like Pittsburgh has quit on both Tomlin and Big Ben. They definitely didn't show up last night in Cleveland, plus that O line let Burger take a beating. Eight sacks, wow even for a QB that holds on to the ball a long time that sure is a lot. Makes me wonder if there are some tensions behind the scenes.
    I don't think they've quit. They're only a few plays away from being 9-4 or so, so I don't think too much can be read into this streak. It's a bad streak, but it happens. Especially coming off a Super Bowl win, coupled with a ton of injuries.

I'm not making excuses for them, I delight in their misery. But I wouldn't question their heart, as many have done.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I don't think they've quit. They're only a few plays away from being 9-4 or so, so I don't think too much can be read into this streak. It's a bad streak, but it happens. Especially coming off a Super Bowl win, coupled with a ton of injuries.

I'm not making excuses for them, I delight in their misery. But I wouldn't question their heart, as many have done.
    Dang. That means the Bengals are a few plays from being 11-1.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Dang. That means the Bengals are a few plays from being 11-1.
    And a few plays from being 5-7 .

Really, the Bengals and Steelers season's have been separted by merely a handful of plays. A few plays go this way, and a few more that way, and the roles are reversed. It takes a lot of skill, a lot of hard work, and a certain amount of luck. Luckily, this happens to be our year.

That, in and of itself, has hurt them big time this year. I don't think they are panicking in Pittsburgh because of an off year.

I wish my Browns could have an off year like that.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Well then what's happened? How can a team that's beaten Denver, Minnesota and San Diego lose to KC, Oakland and Cleveland? Something has changed.

Turn Off Ads?