Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Things you cant do anything about

Things you cant do anything about

Have you ever had numerous situations you just cant do anything about? It is very frustrating to see friends/relatives/loved ones going though various stages of some sort of turmoil and there is nothing you can do about it.

1. My brother got divorced 3 years ago and to this day he wallows in self pity and refuses to move on. He is extremely bitter and curses God for his situation.
    2. My mom is getting older and has a number of medical issues that pretty much keeps her a shut-in. Her oldest son(my brother) passed away last year and I truly think she has lost her desire for life since he passed away.
    3. My mother in law is in bad shape and my wife and her sister are doing everything they can to keep the woman at home while a third sister lives 15 minutes from here and doesn't even call to check on her while my wife works 40 hours a week,has 2 teenagers to chase around and in between all that take her mom to kidney dialysis 3 times a week.
    4. A coworker just found out she has cancer and on and on and on...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Re: Things you cant do anything about

Man, I'm sorry to hear all that.

My sister was in a pretty abusive relationship and wouldn't listen to anybody. We all just felt helpless.

You just have to pray and hope for the best in a lot of situations.
    Witty signature.

It's amazing how those things come in bunches. Hang in there Butler Redsfan and hope that good things will come in bunches too.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

The feeling of helplessness is easily one of the worst feelings in the world. The only thing I can think to suggest is to be there for the people close to you and keep a positive outlook. All of these things are natural parts of life, and sometimes, you just have to let things play out. All you can do is wait for the storm to pass and hope for the best. Best of luck.

Regardless of what life throws you, the one thing you can always control is your attitude. Stay positive. Remind yourself that there will always be good times and bad times, and all you can do is deal with the situations as they unfold.

If the bad things seem to be piling up, remember that no matter how bad it gets, you still have many wonderful things in your life to be thankful for, including the clothes on your back and the food in your belly.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

Dude, sorry about everything. I like Johnny's post alot. God bless.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Turn Off Ads?