Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: who's in left?

Re: who's in left?

As it now stands, Bruce plays everyday in RF. Stubbs & Dickerson paltoon in CF. Balentin, Heisey and Dorn compete for LF (possibly another platoon).

In Lousiville, Francisco is you everyday LF to see if he can cut it (he ain't playing 3B). with Frazier everyday at third.

Personally though, I think now is the time to deal Francisco if someone out there is enamored enough to put up something valuable for him. As I said, I don't think he's got a chance of playing third, I'm not much more confident about left and I think his penchant for SOs and low walk rate will expose his bat in any apreceiable major league stint. I've got a feeling that including him in a deal now might just be selling high.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Wonder what Reggie Sanders is up to? Or maybe Reggie Taylor?

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Wonder what Reggie Sanders is up to? Or maybe Reggie Taylor?
    How about Reggie Jackson?

As it now stands, Bruce plays everyday in RF. Stubbs & Dickerson paltoon in CF. Balentin, Heisey and Dorn compete for LF (possibly another platoon).

In Lousiville, Francisco is you everyday LF to see if he can cut it (he ain't playing 3B). with Frazier everyday at third.

Personally though, I think now is the time to deal Francisco if someone out there is enamored enough to put up something valuable for him. As I said, I don't think he's got a chance of playing third, I'm not much more confident about left and I think his penchant for SOs and low walk rate will expose his bat in any apreceiable major league stint. I've got a feeling that including him in a deal now might just be selling high.
    Stubbs needs to be an everyday player.

Balentin, Heisey and Dorn compete for LF (possibly another platoon).
    Dorn is not part of the equation, like it or not. The team exposed him to the Rule V. They will not consider him for a spot on the 25-man, much less a role in which he gets regular ABs.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Stubbs needs to be an everyday player.
    Yea, I'm not sure why everyone assumes Stubbs will be platooned. He's never been platooned anywhere along the way and he's certainly never been platooned at the ML level. He's a developing prospect...he'll be 25 for the entire 2010 season. Dickerson is what he is...he'll be 28 before the 2010 begins, and while he's a good player, he's not going to start on most teams.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Dorn is not part of the equation, like it or not. The team exposed him to the Rule V. They will not consider him for a spot on the 25-man, much less a role in which he gets regular ABs.
    They had to make some choices. Doesn't mean he completely out of the equation though. I'm not a Danny Dorn fanboy, just saying I'd rather give him a shot than waste time/money on re-upping Nix.

They had to make some choices. Doesn't mean he completely out of the equation though. I'm not a Danny Dorn fanboy, just saying I'd rather give him a shot than waste time/money on re-upping Nix.
    Nix put up some pretty good numbers in'09. I wouldn't mind resigning him if it doesn't break the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Nix put up some pretty good numbers in'09. I wouldn't mind resigning him if it doesn't break the bank.
    .239/.291/.476. I'd say he was pretty mediocre at the plate. Decent power, horrible OBP.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    .239/.291/.476. I'd say he was pretty mediocre at the plate. Decent power, horrible OBP.
    I would use him as a LH pinch hitter if the price was right. I wouldn't want to pay him very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I would use him as a LH pinch hitter if the price was right. I wouldn't want to pay him very much.
    Agree with that. LH pinch-hitter, 5th outfielder. If he's cheap.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    He was a good defender too.

I agree, 5th OF type.

I'd rather see the Reds stick with their in-house options than to over pay or deal valuable trading chips for someone who will most likely put up the same numbers as those cheaper in-house options.

Adam Dunn would look awfully good out there. He's the exact player the Reds need right now.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Adam Dunn would look awfully good out there. He's the exact player the Reds need right now.
    You just lit the fuse.

Turn Off Ads?