Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 74

Thread: who's in left?

  1. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    6,283

    Re: who's in left?

    As it now stands, Bruce plays everyday in RF. Stubbs & Dickerson paltoon in CF. Balentin, Heisey and Dorn compete for LF (possibly another platoon).

    In Lousiville, Francisco is you everyday LF to see if he can cut it (he ain't playing 3B). with Frazier everyday at third.

    Personally though, I think now is the time to deal Francisco if someone out there is enamored enough to put up something valuable for him. As I said, I don't think he's got a chance of playing third, I'm not much more confident about left and I think his penchant for SOs and low walk rate will expose his bat in any apreceiable major league stint. I've got a feeling that including him in a deal now might just be selling high.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    6,283

    Re: who's in left?

    Wonder what Reggie Sanders is up to? Or maybe Reggie Taylor?

  4. #48
    High five! nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    6,976

    Re: who's in left?

    Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Wonder what Reggie Sanders is up to? Or maybe Reggie Taylor?
    How about Reggie Jackson?
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

  5. #49
    Box of Frogs edabbs44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,311

    Re: who's in left?

    Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    As it now stands, Bruce plays everyday in RF. Stubbs & Dickerson paltoon in CF. Balentin, Heisey and Dorn compete for LF (possibly another platoon).

    In Lousiville, Francisco is you everyday LF to see if he can cut it (he ain't playing 3B). with Frazier everyday at third.

    Personally though, I think now is the time to deal Francisco if someone out there is enamored enough to put up something valuable for him. As I said, I don't think he's got a chance of playing third, I'm not much more confident about left and I think his penchant for SOs and low walk rate will expose his bat in any apreceiable major league stint. I've got a feeling that including him in a deal now might just be selling high.
    Stubbs needs to be an everyday player.

  6. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Shelburne Falls, MA
    Posts
    10,213

    Re: who's in left?

    Balentin, Heisey and Dorn compete for LF (possibly another platoon).
    Dorn is not part of the equation, like it or not. The team exposed him to the Rule V. They will not consider him for a spot on the 25-man, much less a role in which he gets regular ABs.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

  7. #51
    SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    In the Ether
    Posts
    5,401

    Re: who's in left?

    Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Stubbs needs to be an everyday player.
    Yea, I'm not sure why everyone assumes Stubbs will be platooned. He's never been platooned anywhere along the way and he's certainly never been platooned at the ML level. He's a developing prospect...he'll be 25 for the entire 2010 season. Dickerson is what he is...he'll be 28 before the 2010 begins, and while he's a good player, he's not going to start on most teams.

    "Okay you guys, pair up in threes!" --Yogi Berra

  8. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    6,283

    Re: who's in left?

    Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Dorn is not part of the equation, like it or not. The team exposed him to the Rule V. They will not consider him for a spot on the 25-man, much less a role in which he gets regular ABs.
    They had to make some choices. Doesn't mean he completely out of the equation though. I'm not a Danny Dorn fanboy, just saying I'd rather give him a shot than waste time/money on re-upping Nix.

  9. #53
    Member Ron Madden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    5,815

    Re: who's in left?

    Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    They had to make some choices. Doesn't mean he completely out of the equation though. I'm not a Danny Dorn fanboy, just saying I'd rather give him a shot than waste time/money on re-upping Nix.
    Nix put up some pretty good numbers in'09. I wouldn't mind resigning him if it doesn't break the bank.

  10. #54
    Let's ride BRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado's eastern plains
    Posts
    11,232

    Re: who's in left?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Nix put up some pretty good numbers in'09. I wouldn't mind resigning him if it doesn't break the bank.
    .239/.291/.476. I'd say he was pretty mediocre at the plate. Decent power, horrible OBP.

  11. #55
    Member Ron Madden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    5,815

    Re: who's in left?

    Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    .239/.291/.476. I'd say he was pretty mediocre at the plate. Decent power, horrible OBP.
    I would use him as a LH pinch hitter if the price was right. I wouldn't want to pay him very much.

  12. #56
    Let's ride BRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado's eastern plains
    Posts
    11,232

    Re: who's in left?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I would use him as a LH pinch hitter if the price was right. I wouldn't want to pay him very much.
    Agree with that. LH pinch-hitter, 5th outfielder. If he's cheap.

  13. #57
    High five! nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    6,976

    Re: who's in left?

    Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    .239/.291/.476. I'd say he was pretty mediocre at the plate. Decent power, horrible OBP.
    He was a good defender too.

    I agree, 5th OF type.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

  14. #58
    Member Ron Madden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    5,815

    Re: who's in left?

    I'd rather see the Reds stick with their in-house options than to over pay or deal valuable trading chips for someone who will most likely put up the same numbers as those cheaper in-house options.

  15. #59
    Member Jpup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Southern KY
    Posts
    6,967

    Re: who's in left?

    Adam Dunn would look awfully good out there. He's the exact player the Reds need right now.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

  16. #60
    Let's ride BRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado's eastern plains
    Posts
    11,232

    Re: who's in left?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Adam Dunn would look awfully good out there. He's the exact player the Reds need right now.
    You just lit the fuse.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25