Turn Off Ads?

Thread: NFL Coaching Changes?

NFL Coaching Changes?

With the NFL season winding down for a handful of teams. Who do you feel is out of a job at the end of the season. My list would include:

Cable
    Morris
    Fox
    Mangini
    Fewel
    Zorn
    Phillips

On the hotseat:
    Kubiak

Leaving:
    Belichick: Pure speculation on my part and kind of crazy but consider it my Christmas curve ball. Looks tired a lot lately, more grumpy than usual, could be he is done after this season. He may want to take the same track Parcells did.

Love to see on the way out:
    Marvin- Penalties and time management continue to be an issue that will not allow the Bengals to step into the elite teams. Would love to see Zimmer take over this team as I think he is a more disciplined coach. Mike Brown however is too loyal to his coaches to see what most of us see.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: NFL Coaching Changes?

Take this for whatever it's worth, but Marvin Lewis not only deserves to be retained, he deserves a Congressional Medal for doing what he's done under the constraints of a Mike Brown operation.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    With the NFL season winding down for a handful of teams. Who do you feel is out of a job at the end of the season. My list would include:

Cable
    Morris
    Fox
    Mangini
    Fewel
    Zorn
    Phillips

On the hotseat:
    Kubiak

Leaving:
    Belichick: Pure speculation on my part and kind of crazy but consider it my Christmas curve ball. Looks tired a lot lately, more grumpy than usual, could be he is done after this season. He may want to take the same track Parcells did.

Love to see on the way out:
    Marvin- Penalties and time management continue to be an issue that will not allow the Bengals to step into the elite teams. Would love to see Zimmer take over this team as I think he is a more disciplined coach. Mike Brown however is too loyal to his coaches to see what most of us see.
    Cable - works for an idiot owner and may just keep his job. Knocking off the Bengals and Steelers may be enough for him.

Mangini - works for an idiot owner who never should have hired him. But the Browns are still paying Romeo and have Mangini under contract for 4 more years. The Thursday night win against the Steelers may have saved his job.

Fewel - works for an old owner who seems to have lost touch with the modern NFL. The Bills will go hard after a big name coach but will be unable to land one. I can see Fewel have the intern tag removed.

Fox, Kubiak, Morris, Zorn, and Phillips all should be goners with the FA coaching class highly thought of.

Jeff Fisher - works for a whack owner and he may just want to step away. He was underminded with Adams calling for Young to start. I don't think Fisher wants to tie his name to Vince Young and will step away.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Also, don't forget, some of the -ahem- more spendthirft owners might be lukewarm on the idea of opening the wallet up for a top-tier head coach with the prospet of a work-stoppage in 2011 on the horizon.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Take this for whatever it's worth, but Marvin Lewis not only deserves to be retained, he deserves a Congressional Medal for doing what he's done under the constraints of a Mike Brown operation.
    I agree with this. As easy as it is to lay things at Mike Brown's feet(fun too!) I think it speaks volumes that one coach in the history of the Bengals has had a winning record and he's standing on the sidelines every Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Marvin Lewis is a great coach, and I hope he never leaves. Going to the playoffs EVER with Mike Brown as the Owner/GM is about as hard as winning multiple super bowls with a normal organization on the degree of difficulty scale.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Marvin Lewis should never go anywhere, period. Lets not forget where this franchise was before Marvin.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I think it speaks volumes that one coach in the history of the Bengals has had a winning record and he's standing on the sidelines every Sunday.
    You mean besides Tiger Johnson and Forrest Gregg?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I've never been as impressed with Marvin as alot of people. A guy with a defensive background that, most seasons, didn't have a good Bengals defense was one reason. The constant problems (penalties, the locker room, etc) is another reason. But I'll agree that he's been pretty good for a Bengals coach considering the owner that he has to deal with. On a lot of teams he'd be out of a job by now if he had the same coaching record. But, at the same time, on alot of teams the owner tends to leave the coach alone for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Also, don't forget, some of the -ahem- more spendthirft owners might be lukewarm on the idea of opening the wallet up for a top-tier head coach with the prospet of a work-stoppage in 2011 on the horizon.
    That's a good point. I wonder how much that will matter.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    I've never been as impressed with Marvin as alot of people. A guy with a defensive background that, most seasons, didn't have a good Bengals defense was one reason. The constant problems (penalties, the locker room, etc) is another reason. But I'll agree that he's been pretty good for a Bengals coach considering the owner that he has to deal with. On a lot of teams he'd be out of a job by now if he had the same coaching record. But, at the same time, on alot of teams the owner tends to leave the coach alone for the most part.
    Marvin had to deal with what he was given. An offensive team with a lot of money committed to offensive players. Its just the nature of how the NFL works. FWIW Brian Billick was considered a great offensive mind whose offenses stunk. It was their unreal D that helped Baltimore win.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    You mean besides Tiger Johnson and Forrest Gregg?
    Yes, aside from those two ,where's the egg on face smiley

Okay, he's the only one who's coached more than 60 games with a winning record.

+ Gregg had a losing record overall but that included his stints in Cleveland and Green Bay.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?