Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Lackey signs with...

John Lackey signs with...

2:55pm: Heyman says the Red Sox and Lackey are in agreement in a five-year, $85MM deal

mlbtraderumors.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: John Lackey signs with...

Yikes, no wonder SOSH crashed.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Interesting. That seems a bit out of left field. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a dea for a bat using Buchholz as the primary bait -- perhaps for Miguel Cabrera.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Red Sox metamorphosis to Yankees North continues.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Interesting. That seems a bit out of left field. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a dea for a bat using Buchholz as the primary bait -- perhaps for Miguel Cabrera.
    No way they pay Lackey $17M a year in order to trade Buchholz for a guy who makes $20M? a year.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

I think the Dice K project has finally worn out. I think you will see a rotation of Beckett, Lackey, Lester, and Buckholtz with Dice K and Wakefield being the swing guys.

Adrian Gonzalez is more likely.

Adrian Gonzalez is the target I believe, not Miggy.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

As a part-time BoSox fan (my AL team), I like it. Anything to foil the Yanks.

I think 5 years is a bit much for a SP, especially one with past health problems.

High five!

Or maybe Adrian Gonzales:

One rival GM theorizes that if the Red Sox sign free-agent right-hander John Lackey, they then will lock up righty Josh Beckett long- term and trade righty Clay Buchholz in a package for Padres first baseman Adrian Gonzalez.

Under that scenario, first baseman Kevin Youkilis would move to third and the Sox would employ a Mike Cameron-Jeremy Hermida type platoon in left.

The Sox's big investments would be Lackey and Beckett; Gonzalez will earn a club-friendly $4.75 million next season, and his deal includes a $5.5 million club option for 2011.

http://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/6677312207

Cameron in serious talks with Red Sox on two-year deal. CF or LF unclear.

Due to his defense Cameron could actually be more valuable than Bay but at close to half the price.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Due to his defense Cameron could actually be more valuable than Bay but at close to half the price.
    Yep. He'd lose some of that value if he played left but I think he'd still be pretty good out there.

Mike Cameron Agrees To Deal With Boston

By Zach Links [December 14 at 7:58pm CST]

7:58pm: The deal is in the range of $15.5MM for two years, tweets Ken Rosenthal.

If Gonzo is going to fetch a package of players led by Buchholz, I'd be taking Theo's temperature on Votto.

Turn Off Ads?