Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burglarized

Retired

Re: Burglarized

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Sorry to hear this Rick.

You might want to pay a little extra attention to ebay....maybe you can get lucky and recover something.
    Watch Craigslist. eBay costs to much for them.

If you have serial numbers for the computers, notify the local pawn shops. If they try to pawn the stuff, the police will be notified.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Deepred05 View Post
    Isn't is funny how "violated" you feel?

I felt like that when I had my car stolen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I felt like that when I had my car stolen.
    Same.

And insulted. Although I got the car back, they stole the stereo but left my CDs.

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I know the feeling and it is terrible. Hopefully things work out and you can avoid any further losses. At least you are safe!

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Same.

And insulted. Although I got the car back, they stole the stereo but left my CDs.

Other way around for me. Left the player but stole the tapes. They actually found the car in an abandoned parking lot not far from my apartment.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Same.

Yeah but what thief steals Celine Dion and Backstreet Boys music?
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroBourbon View Post
    Yeah but what thief steals Celine Dion and Backstreet Boys music?
    The ones that stole Chip's car?

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Sorry for the hindsight RMR, but there's a lesson to be learned here for all of us.

This a classic example of why it's important to set up accounts and password protection on computers you own which never leave your possession. It's security for the unlikely event that they do leave your possession. At least with a password, there's a strong likelihood that a thief won't access your data.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Other way around for me. Left the player but stole the tapes. They actually found the car in an abandoned parking lot not far from my apartment.
    Ugh, I feel for Rick, yourself and Nate. But I think I have you beat.

Found my car broken into early one morning about 4am. I had got home about 2am. A 2 hour window, they got my stereo, subs, speakers, and a rather large collection of CD's.

As if that wasn't bad enough, as if I hand not already felt violated, a week later they came back for the car.

Found it abandoned in the commercial district on cinder blocks.

Car was never the same after that. Always felt different. A month later the car caught fire after a hole in the oil filter sprayed oil on the hot manifold. Traded her in shortly after.

What's the real kicker is, my insurance company at the time dropped me after these incidents, none of which were really at fault issues..

So because some d bags robbed me, twice, and a fluke mechanical issue, I end up having to go to a new insurance company and pay much higher rates to drive until I got my "male, 25" discount.. Lame.

Rick, sorry my man, I hope you have renters insurance of some kind.. Keep tabs on craigslist, eBay, and local pawn shops if you can. You never know what might turn up. Hang in there, the feelings you're left with after something like this happens are terrible, to say the least.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Thanks for the advice and well wishes. It turns out one of my roommates has renters insurance and it may cover us too... we'll see.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Same.

Wow! What an even further insult!....

That you have terrible taste in music.

Was it like in Seinfeld, when they stole his car? He says when he got it back the car was washed, Simonized, and the tires were balanced.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

What's the real kicker is, my insurance company at the time dropped me after these incidents, none of which were really at fault issues..
    Yeah, can't see why they would drop a single male, under 25, living in an area where 2 comp claims happened within a few weeks.

Turn Off Ads?