Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Actress Brittany Murphy Dead

Actress Brittany Murphy Dead

Actress Brittany Murphy died at age, 32, after she reportedly went into full cardiac arrest and could not be revived.

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Spokeswoman Sally Stewart told the Associated Press Murphy died at 10:04 a.m. Sunday. She would not provide a cause of death, or any other information.

Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Devon Gale says crews responded to a call at 8 a.m. Sunday from a home in Los Angeles that is listed as belonging to British screenwriter Simon Monjack, who is married to Murphy. Gale says one person was transported to a hospital.

"In this time of sadness, the family thanks you for your love and support," a rep for Murphy said. "It is their wish that you respect their privacy."

TMZ reports Murphy's mother found the actress unconscious in the shower, and was in full cardiac arrest and started CPR.
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...y-murphy-dead/

Very sad news. I just watched her in Just Married a couple of days ago, thought it was a funny movie. Hearing things like this just makes me shake my head in disbelief.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Actress Brittany Murphy Dead

Sad. Things come 3's. Brittany, Chris Henry, and my neighbor all died this week.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Retired

Only 32 years old, wow.

She was a terrific character actress. Never had the career she deserved.

Very sad.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Sad. Things come 3's. Brittany, Chris Henry, and my neighbor all died this week.
    I guess if you look at things like that they do...

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I kind of feel like that third spot might still be available.

She had taken on some really good roles starting with Clueless in 1995, but had recently had roles in some really bad movies, according to the user votes at IMDB: The Ramen Girl, Deadline, Tribute, Across the Hall, Megafault...

The first thing that crossed my mind was Rx drugs, but initial reports are that it was natural causes. Very shocking that such a young woman would just suddenly die without symptoms.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Really stinks that I will never get my chance with her.

I hate to be disrespectful, but I can't help but think this might be related to an eating disorder. She always looked unhealthily skinny to me.

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I hate to be disrespectful, but I can't help but think this might be related to an eating disorder. She always looked unhealthily skinny to me.

My thoughts are the same. Karen Carpenter also was 32 when she died.

I can't find anything "natural" about a 32 year old woman dying of a massive heart attack.

She was rumored to have an eating disorder and also be heavily involved with drugs. I would guess that one or both of those factors played a role in her death, but there's nothing to back that up at this point.

RIP Luanne Platter

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I can't find anything "natural" about a 32 year old woman dying of a massive heart attack.

No. It's like all those wrestlers who die in their 30s and 40s because of "natural causes." Autopsies usually always show some sort of heart abnormalities probably caused by some sort of PED abuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

She was also apparently diabetic.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Turn Off Ads?