Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Most likely to win their bowl game-OSU or UC

Most likely to win their bowl game-OSU or UC

I know this it's probably playing with fire having a thread that combines Ohio St. and Cincinnati but considering they're the two most talked about college teams here I thought I'd throw it out there.

I think that considering the two teams opponents OSU is the easy answer but teams like UC have had some success under the circumstances they'll be facing.

As a Buckeye fan it surprises me to say that I'm almost rooting for UC to pull off the win as much as I'm hoping for a OSU victory.I'm going to say that both teams play very well but only one wins.My money would be on Ohio State but here's to hoping both Ohio teams get a victory.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Most likely to win their bowl game-OSU or UC

Rooting for both teams, especially the Buckeyes.

But I think UC has a great shot to knock off Florida.

I'm a loyal Ohioan, rootin' for both teams.

I would love to see Tebow AND Meyers cryin' on the sidelines after that one; but I don't think it's gonna happen. The #3 passing defense (150 yds/game) vs the #6 passing offense (320 yds/game). Cincy just doesn't run the ball well at all, which, IMO, will really help Florida. Florida is #4 in total defense, and #3 in scoring defense.

Plus.... Cincy's defense can't stop anyone.

I think OSU has a slightly better chance of winning their game then Cincy. It's all gonna come down to how well the Buckeye's #5 run defense performs vs the #6 rushing offense. Oregon's defense is not that good (326 yds/game); but OSU (Tressel) have to be "inventive" enough (not predictable) to put the points on the board and not rely so much on their defense. Especially later in the game. Because the Oregon offense is that good, and will continue to come at you.

I believe that OSU is going to need their defense to produce some turnovers to win this one.

And then their is that other "variable"..... it's the Rose Bowl, where the B10 just doesn't fair that well (we've lost the last 6).
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Ohio State will win the Rose Bowl and UC will be routed by Florida...hence the Bucks will finish higher in the final BCS poll...

One plays a team that lost to Boise State and at home to Stanford, the other plays a team that spent the majority of the season ranked #1.

OSU has a much better chance of winning their bowl game.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    One plays a team that lost to Boise State and at home to Stanford, the other plays a team that spent the majority of the season ranked #1.

OSU has a much better chance of winning their bowl game.
    You say that likes it's a bad thing...

This thread will be fun to follow...
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

And when did they lose to Boise State? At Boise State?

Didn't Ohio State lose to USC? At Ohio State? How many losses does USC have? Oh, that was a long time ago you say?
    Oregon will win.
    Last edited by RBA; 12-25-2009 at 05:48 PM.

Sorry. No Ohio St threads for a while since people couldn't behave themselves in the last one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?