Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade thoughts:

Trade thoughts:

Any trade that makes sense and that could help our team from here on out go ahead and post it.

Seattle mariners acquire Willy Taveras, Aaron Harang, and Yonder Alonso
    Reds acquire Garret Olson, Ian Snell, Bill Hall,and 2 more prospects

A's acquire Sean Watson and Adam Rosales
    Reds acquire Scott Hairston

Angels acquire Brandon Phillips and Bronson Arroyo and Chris Valaika
    Reds acquire Ervin Santana, Howie Kendrick, and Brandon Woods

Red Sox acquire Willy Taveras, Mike Lincoln
    Reds acquire Bill Hall
    Mariners acuire Casey Kotchman

Yankees acuire Carlos Fisher, Willy Taveras, and Cody Puckett
    Reds acquire Swisher

White Sox acquire Coco Cordero and Yonder Alonso
    Reds acquire Alex Rios, Gavin Floyd and cash

Royals acquire Jared Burton, Daniel Dorn, and Chris Valaika
    Reds acquire Callaspo and Josh Fields

Cardinals acquire Aaron Harang
    Reds acquire Ryan Ludwick

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

Re: Trade thoughts:

Some thoughts, vottofan,

Seattle mariners acquire Willy Taveras, Aaron Harang, and Yonder Alonso
    Reds acquire Garret Olson, Ian Snell, Bill Hall,and 2 more prospects
    This doesn't sound bad. Snell has potential, and Hall's not a bad bench player. Olson isn't a great pitcher, but I'd take him for Harang if it meant dumping WillyT. The prospects better be good to be giving up Alonso.

Angels acquire Brandon Phillips and Bronson Arroyo and Chris Valaika
    Reds acquire Ervin Santana, Howie Kendrick, and Brandon Woods
    I'm not in for this one. Regardless of the return, I'm not ready to give up BP.

Reds acquire Bill Hall
    I'm cool with this. Basically any two players are bettter than Taveras and Lincoln. I don't think it would happen thought because the Mariners have Branyan at first, so they don't need Kotchman.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Branyan is a free agent

I would consider the Angels deal that would get us Santana, Kendrick, and Wood.

The only snag that I could think of (and I haven't done any research whatsoever) would be the contract details (years, $$).

Talent-wise, it is arguable that the Reds would get the better end of the bargain (and I loooove BP and Bronson), and if the contracts favor us as well, I'd do it.

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

Branyan is a free agent
    Oh. I didn't know that. That changes things up a bit

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by vottofan4life View Post
    Reds acquire Bill Hall
    Why would the Red Sox even listen to the sentence after they hear the syllable Wi? I'm pretty sure they don't need overpriced junk more than we do...

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Any trade idea involving Willy Tavares better include Votto, Bailey, and Bruce or no team would listen.

The Cubs may be willing to take a chance on Willy T if they lose out on Marlon Byrd and we deal Micah Owings along with him.

My proposal would be:
    Mike Lincoln, Willy T., and Micah Owings for
    Sean Marshall and Wellington Castillo
    We save approximately 6.5 million. That would be enough to get
    Miguel Tejada.

I don't see the Cubs going for that deal without sweetening the pot with a quality prospect.

Add Chris Valaika

I know I will catch heat for this but I would trade Votto if it meant I get rid of 2 contracts Harang and Cordero and in return get a huge haul of prospects that we are weak at ss c and pitching so how about this return (enter Texas Rangers) ss Elvis Andrus c Taylor Teagarden p Neftali Feliz and p Martin Perez

why is BP batting 4th

Quote Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
    I know I will catch heat for this but I would trade Votto if it meant I get rid of 2 contracts Harang and Cordero and in return get a huge haul of prospects that we are weak at ss c and pitching so how about this return (enter Texas Rangers) ss Elvis Andrus c Taylor Teagarden p Neftali Feliz and p Martin Perez
    :thumbdown

Say goodbye to the offense if you do that! Votto has to stay for now or there will be no scoring next year.

I'd rather do a Yonder Alonso,Harang,Cordero, and Wladimir Balentien trade over to teh Rangers for Micheal Young(play ss til Cozart comes up),Brandon McCarthy(fight for 5th rotation spot and could pitch in bullpen)and Taylor Teagarden....We pay for half of Cordero's contract and i think we got a deal

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    Say goodbye to the offense if you do that! Votto has to stay for now or there will be no scoring next year.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Votto is a proven MLB level hitter. Alonso would fit into that trade better. Also, has more "potential" upside.

Turn Off Ads?