Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Which team do you like in cricket?

Which team do you like in cricket?

I like team Srilanka not for any other reason other than that I'm an Srilanka myself and know the Srilanka players well.How about you?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Which team do you like in cricket?

England, old chap.

I prefer Verizon

India, solidarity with my programmers, now if they would explain the game to me.

England Pity we are gonna finish the series 1-1 tomorrow when South Africa wrap up the win.

Oh and you dont need MASSIVEEEEE Gloves to catch in Cricket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05klsa3M08A

Quote Originally Posted by RawOwl UK View Post
    England Pity we are gonna finish the series 1-1 tomorrow when South Africa wrap up the win.

Oh and you dont need MASSIVEEEEE Gloves to catch in Cricket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05klsa3M08A
    Maybe the Reds should scout the cricket field for thirdbasemen. Some of those catches are reminiscent of Brooks Robinson without a glove.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Thats the strange thing with baseball that I sometimes dont get. Growing up watching & playing cricket I think nothing of catching a hard leather ball with bare hands. Since I have got into baseball (big time over the past 5 years) I dont really appreciate some of the catches that are on baseball tonight (webgems ?)

Yep some are great but some I feel would have been easier to catch than drop. I have never wore a glove so unsure how easy catching with them it actually is.

Here's another great catch on the boundary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc6V4b4VgOk

Those catches were rediculous. I'm no expert, but the main difference in thos catches vs. "Web Gems" have to do with range and speed. Not trying to take away from cricket catches because they look to be as hard or harder than Baseball catches. The thing is that with a glove, baseball fans would expect the players to make those catches. Also, when you have a glove on, you can full out dive without worrying about your hand wrapping around the ball.

You can't really tell from those videos, but it would seem to me that baseball players hit the ball harder. Again, I have no idea and if someone has facts to prove/disprove that it wouldn't suprise me either way.

The diving catch in baseball is almost routine anymore and players seem to go to the ground way more often than is actually needed. That is what I enjoyed so much about those cricket catches. They didn't dive unless they absolutely had to. Thanks for sharing that video.

Ceaclebluerma

Which team do you like in cricket

Which sports you like most?
    I like cricket and football.
    What about you?

chrisssteeven

Hi!
    I like Baseball, Football and Cricket so much. I also like Tennis and Basketball.
    In Cricket, my favorite team is cricket team of Australia because it is No. 1 team in ODI cricket.

Linda

Well Radith I totally agree with you. Their playing style and team spirit are awesome. They managed to hold the world cup in 2006 under the captaincy of Arjuna Ranatunga. Kumar Sangakkara and Mahela Jayewardana are my favorite cricketers from Sri Lankan cricket team.
    Apart from Sri Lankan team my second choice goes to England. There my favorite player is Andrew Strauss.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    India, solidarity with my programmers, now if they would explain the game to me.
    +1

I've mentioned before that there is a weekly pick-up cricket game at our local park on one of the baseball diamonds (that go empty from the end of June on). Looks like mostly Indians but I'm not very good at distinguishing nationalities.

On my walks, I've sometimes watched them play. Spirited play. There is one young lefty hurler that I think the Reds ought to look at.

There is also a pickup soccer game with the Hispanics that is awesome to watch.

American kids are in their basement playing video games.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Very cool video. How many hours would you have to watch to see a play like that?
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Turn Off Ads?