Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Bengals/Jets moved to Sunday Night

Re: Bengals/Jets moved to Sunday Night

What concerns me is the possibility that Zimmer could be coaching for another team next year. If he stays with the Bengals and they address the problems on offense they should be alot better next year. But if he's not back...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    What concerns me is the possibility that Zimmer could be coaching for another team next year. If he stays with the Bengals and they address the problems on offense they should be alot better next year. But if he's not back...
    ...the defense is ranked 20th or worse once again, and the team drops below .500.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    ...the defense is ranked 20th or worse once again, and the team drops below .500.
    If that's the case, Zimmer needs a nice raise.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    But if we, the fans see and realize this, then why wouldn't the Jet's coaching staff?

What was Lewis setting the Jets up for? By laying down - which I have no problem with since it's a common practice - he's hoping the Jets get over-confident next week because they didn't see the "real" Bengals, and that Lewis has some new wrinkles he's gonna throw at them that they never saw before?

OK. A possibility. The Bengals CAN beat the Jets.

Lewis didn't play Benson. But he puts his other starters out there. His top receiver suffered a bruised knee. MRI is negative, but he woke up Monday morning and said he couldn't extend the stiff knee during warmups. We'll see as the week progresses.

And what if Palmer had gotten hurt? This is what perplexes me concerning Lewis.

You're going to have two top run defenses going after each other. The Jets have the #1 overall defense in the NFL, while the Bengals ain't no slouches at #6. Should anything be made of the fact that Sunday the Jets ran the crap out of the ball (57 attempts) and rushed for 257 yds in that game? Maybe not if the Bengals were supposedly "letting" them do so in order to deceive them into a false sense of hope going into next week.

When you look at these two QBs, the Bengals definitely have the advantage. The Jets are going to do their best to "hide" Sanchez and minimize his mistakes.

But IMO, Palmer has to step it up.

I personally expect a low scoring game. Neither one of these teams excites me.
    The idea isn't to lull the other team into a "false sense of hope," it is to not give the other team the advantage of seeing how you line up. When you have teams looking at snapshots on the sideline to try to gain an advantage, how much more when you have a film to study over the next several days. That is the idea.

Of course the Jets know this, but so what? For example, we now get a week to prepare for the wildcat as the Jets ran it Sunday. The Bengals staff gets to see what the Jets were doing to push our line and devise a plan to counteract that. Any psychological advantage is a side benefit.

The Jets do not have this to add to their preparation. They have to review however many weeks of film and devise a game plan as if they never played the Bengals before, just like last week.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    The only rumor I had heard connected to Zimmer was Dallas. So unless the Cowboys melt down this weekend we will see Wade Phillips back in the saddle again, and Mike Zimmer still with the Bengals.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Maybe Mike Zimmer doesn't want to be a head coach.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Shanahan has been said to have his eye on Zimmer as DC in WAS ...as soon as he is given the job. The Redskins did their obligatory "interview the minority" thing and now can dispense with pretense and hire Mike.

AC do not have much leverage unless they are elite....Zimmer is good and will get a lot of praise for this year but if he is not going to be a HC....he needs to get paid well to be a DC. Brown cannot top whatever crazy money Snyder will throw at Zimmer to become DC and maybe even Assistant Head Coach?

In regards to the bengals on Sunday. Fine if they did not want to trey but they still got 1 guy who is valuable on the DL injured for the year and Chad messed up.

No Jets really got hurt and they were trying? What does that say about trying and giving max effort? Better off doing that then not at all.

Read a rumor today that Zimmer to DC is probable, and that he wants to put Cincinnati in his rear view mirror after going through so much tragedy there this year with his wife. I can't say I'd really blame him there. Change of geography wouldn't fix anything, but sometimes getting away from the place where something like that happened can be a positive.

The Bengals need Zimmer, but the sky wouldn't necessarily be falling without him so long as they hire someone else decent. They have a lot of young talent on defense, and they are coming off of a playoff appearance, I would think they'd be able to go after some interesting coaches.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Maybe Mike Zimmer doesn't want to be a head coach.
    He said point blank that he wants to be a head coach in an interview I watched Saturday.

Lets let Zimmer be head coach then

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Read a rumor today that Zimmer to DC is probable, and that he wants to put Cincinnati in his rear view mirror after going through so much tragedy there this year with his wife. I can't say I'd really blame him there. Change of geography wouldn't fix anything, but sometimes getting away from the place where something like that happened can be a positive.

The Bengals need Zimmer, but the sky wouldn't necessarily be falling without him so long as they hire someone else decent. They have a lot of young talent on defense, and they are coming off of a playoff appearance, I would think they'd be able to go after some interesting coaches.
    I hope that's all it is: a rumor. Zimmer won't be easily replaced. The Bengals haven't had the likes of him as DC since Lebeau was here in the 80s, and I'm not confident they'll get someone nearly as good.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    But if we, the fans see and realize this, then why wouldn't the Jet's coaching staff?

What was Lewis setting the Jets up for? By laying down - which I have no problem with since it's a common practice - he's hoping the Jets get over-confident next week because they didn't see the "real" Bengals, and that Lewis has some new wrinkles he's gonna throw at them that they never saw before?

OK. A possibility. The Bengals CAN beat the Jets.

Lewis didn't play Benson. But he puts his other starters out there. His top receiver suffered a bruised knee. MRI is negative, but he woke up Monday morning and said he couldn't extend the stiff knee during warmups. We'll see as the week progresses.

And what if Palmer had gotten hurt? This is what perplexes me concerning Lewis.

You're going to have two top run defenses going after each other. The Jets have the #1 overall defense in the NFL, while the Bengals ain't no slouches at #6. Should anything be made of the fact that Sunday the Jets ran the crap out of the ball (57 attempts) and rushed for 257 yds in that game? Maybe not if the Bengals were supposedly "letting" them do so in order to deceive them into a false sense of hope going into next week.

When you look at these two QBs, the Bengals definitely have the advantage. The Jets are going to do their best to "hide" Sanchez and minimize his mistakes.

But IMO, Palmer has to step it up.

I personally expect a low scoring game. Neither one of these teams excites me.
    My hope is that the Bengals score early and often. If the Bengals get up 10-0 by the end of the first quarter and force Sanchez to beat them through the air, I could see at least two interceptions and a possibility of winning in possible blowout fashion. Scoring quick is going to be a key for the Bengals and if they can do it, it will minimize the Jets running game, which worries me given the Jets O-Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    My hope is that the Bengals score early and often. If the Bengals get up 10-0 by the end of the first quarter and force Sanchez to beat them through the air, I could see at least two interceptions and a possibility of winning in possible blowout fashion. Scoring quick is going to be a key for the Bengals and if they can do it, it will minimize the Jets running game, which worries me given the Jets O-Line.
    The game plan, for both of these teams, is quite simple IMO. Especially for the Bengals.... stop the run and make a QB (Sanchez) who has a QB rating lower then Brady Quinn beat them.

From the offensive side, the Bengals have a more balanced attack. It's just going to be interesting to see how Palmer does vs the #1 pass defense in the NFL. Palmer has struggled this year. And that is, IMO, because he doesn't have the diversity of talent (threats) in his receiving corp. They miss TJ and Henry.

But the Bengals should win this game. I just don't think it's gonna be pretty, and will be a low scoring game.

But Jet's RB Jones is gonna get plenty of carries Saturday. And if he is able to run the ball effectively, then it could be a problem for the Bengals if Palmer doesn't have a good game IMO. Palmer doesn't have to have a monster game, but an effective game.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I think our running game is going to be everything. Hopefully Cedric runs all over them. Although I'm sure we'll see a few power run up the middle with Scott for no gain.

I'm not a big Bengals fan but I would love, love, love to see them pound the Jets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?