Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 140

Thread: Bengals/Jets moved to Sunday Night

  1. #1
    Member Oxilon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,133

    Bengals/Jets moved to Sunday Night

    The flexible scheduling slot for the Sunday night game in Week 17 has been filled. The NFL announced Sunday the game between the Cincinnati Bengals and New York Jets has been moved from a 1 p.m. ET kickoff to 8:30 p.m. ET and will be aired nationally on NBC’s Sunday Night Football.

    The game will mark the Bengals’ second regular-season appearance on Sunday Night Football since the series moved to NBC in 2006.

    The league also announced that the kickoff time for the Week 17 game between the Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys will be moved back to 4:15 p.m. ET. The game, which was originally scheduled for 1 p.m. ET, will be broadcast on FOX as originally scheduled.


    http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/12/27/beng...-to-late-slot/

    Too bad we'll probably have our 2nd string players playing...
    That hit was plenty fair. Atleast by a quarter of an inch.
    -Steve Stone

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Tired of talk. Win! Joseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Commonwealth
    Posts
    8,350

    Re: Bengals/Jets moved to Sunday Night

    Good move by the league being the last regular season game in the Meadowlands and the Jets having a playoff spot on the line.

    Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

  4. #3
    Member redsfandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,551

    Re: Bengals/Jets moved to Sunday Night

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Too bad we'll probably have our 2nd string players playing...
    Who knows. They may play better than the starters.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

  5. #4
    Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oxford, OH
    Posts
    2,282

    Re: Bengals/Jets moved to Sunday Night

    Who is the Bengals backup QB? I'm disappointed they didn't keep Fitzpatrick, I liked him as a backup; I believe he's now doing okay with the starting job in Buffalo.
    Goodnight everybody.

    320
    I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    1,171

    Re: Bengals/Jets moved to Sunday Night

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Who is the Bengals backup QB? I'm disappointed they didn't keep Fitzpatrick, I liked him as a backup; I believe he's now doing okay with the starting job in Buffalo.
    Goodnight everybody.

    320
    Their backup QB is JT O'Sullivan, a journeyman who was most recently with the Niners I believe. So with the game moving to Sunday night, the Bengals should know the playoff situation going into the game and can determine before the first snap what their strategy is...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

  7. #6
    Member Oxilon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,133

    Re: Bengals/Jets moved to Sunday Night

    I honestly think it would be in the best decision for the Bengals to fold up shop and put in the back-ups this game. This Jets need to win to go the playoffs. We play our back-ups, they go full throttle. Jets win the game, but who than has the advantage going into the first week of the playoffs when they'll meet again in Cincinnati?

    And there is no difference between the 3rd and 4th seed. Either way, you're going to have to go through San Diego and Indianapolis to get to the Superbowl, so it doesn't matter which team you face first.
    That hit was plenty fair. Atleast by a quarter of an inch.
    -Steve Stone

  8. #7
    Just The Big Picture macro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The Bluegrass State
    Posts
    6,150

    Re: Bengals/Jets moved to Sunday Night

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    I honestly think it would be in the best decision for the Bengals to fold up shop and put in the back-ups this game. This Jets need to win to go the playoffs. We play our back-ups, they go full throttle. Jets win the game, but who than has the advantage going into the first week of the playoffs when they'll meet again in Cincinnati?

    And there is no difference between the 3rd and 4th seed. Either way, you're going to have to go through San Diego and Indianapolis to get to the Superbowl, so it doesn't matter which team you face first.
    I agree completely. I will find myself in the awkward and uncomfortable position of rooting against the Bengals, and in a nationally televised game, at that. You have to remember that, if the Colts and Bengals were to have given it their all in the Jets' last two games, they'd essentially be a 7-9 team rather than a 9-7 team. I'd like the Bengals chances in the rematch.

    Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

  9. #8
    Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    5,330

    Re: Bengals/Jets moved to Sunday Night

    I think the only way you don't rest your starters is if NE loses.

    Then I think you go for the 3-seed. I would rather play at SD in the 2nd round than at Indy.

    NE loses. Get the 3-seed and hope we can get past our 1st round matchup and then get another chance at SD. Hopefully NE can knock off Indy and we then could have a home game for the AFC.

    If NE wins, I play the starters for a half and rest them the rest of the game.

  10. #9
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,138

    Re: Bengals/Jets moved to Sunday Night

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    I think the only way you don't rest your starters is if NE loses.

    Then I think you go for the 3-seed. I would rather play at SD in the 2nd round than at Indy.

    NE loses. Get the 3-seed and hope we can get past our 1st round matchup and then get another chance at SD. Hopefully NE can knock off Indy and we then could have a home game for the AFC.

    If NE wins, I play the starters for a half and rest them the rest of the game.
    The Jets hold the 5 seed right now. IMO the Ravens > Jets, especially when you can basically hold a scrimmage against the Jets this weekend.

  11. #10
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Ohio
    Posts
    9,052

    Re: Bengals/Jets moved to Sunday Night

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Their backup QB is JT O'Sullivan, a journeyman who was most recently with the Niners I believe. So with the game moving to Sunday night, the Bengals should know the playoff situation going into the game and can determine before the first snap what their strategy is...
    The NFL just really gave us a nice little strategical advantage. This team team could use a one week rest.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

    --Woody Hayes

  12. #11
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: Bengals/Jets moved to Sunday Night

    As crazy as it sounds, I don't know that flying out to San Diego is really a better scenario than going to Indy in the 2nd round.

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3,736

    Re: Bengals/Jets moved to Sunday Night

    With the way we play on the west coast, I'd rather play @ Indy. They seem to struggle in the playoffs, aside from their super bowl year.

  14. #13
    Just The Big Picture macro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The Bluegrass State
    Posts
    6,150

    Re: Bengals/Jets moved to Sunday Night

    Just to follow up on my earlier comment, not only will many/most Bengals fans be hoping for them to lose Sunday night, there very well be millions of Steelers fans nationwide that will be rooting for the Bengals to win. How weird will that be?

    Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

  15. #14
    Member NJReds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    5,432

    Re: Bengals/Jets moved to Sunday Night

    By moving the Cincy-Jets game to Sunday night and the Cowboys-Eagles to 4:15 pm., FOX now can show the Cowboys game on in NY.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

  16. #15
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,914

    Re: Bengals/Jets moved to Sunday Night

    Will Cincy rest the starters?
    Most Vottomatic Player


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25