Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals/Jets moved to Sunday Night

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Re: Bengals/Jets moved to Sunday Night

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Will Cincy rest the starters?
    They should.

For everyone complaining about teams resting their starters, what would you say to New England who had Wes Welker injured in the first quarter?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    They should.

For everyone complaining about teams resting their starters, what would you say to New England who had Wes Welker injured in the first quarter?
    I would say if a team wants to rest their starters then they shouldn't even play them at all instead of doing 1 or 2 drives and then pulling the starters out.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    I would say if a team wants to rest their starters then they shouldn't even play them at all instead of doing 1 or 2 drives and then pulling the starters out.
    Well, you want them to take the week of practice on the field, so I'm ok with them playing for a while. I'm fine either way really, as long as they don't play all the starters all game.

With Houston beating New England it is now more likely the Bengals will play the starters to try to move up to the 3 seed.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

There have been quite a few injuries today. Welker is injured for NE, Brady apparently has some type of injury (broken ribs?!), and I just read that Pat White was carted off the field during the Pitt-Miami game after apparently getting a head injury. If it's going to be 'injury day' in the NFL, I'd like Marvin to rest every single key player on the Bengals at some point tonight to prevent his guys from getting too beat up. Who cares about seeding if your key players are all out for the playoffs??!

Houston officially beat NE and Pittsburgh beat Miami. I don't think any other games of note in the AFC are either over yet or have started yet.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

If Denver and Baltimore win, a win tonight against the Jets would give us the #3 seed and we would play the Broncos.

I think if this scenario plays out, we have to go full-throttle tonight.

I'm not sure I wouldn't rather be the 4 seed, you'd get the Jets in Cincinnati, than a chance against the Colts who have a history of playing poorly after their late season vacations.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Well, you want them to take the week of practice on the field, so I'm ok with them playing for a while. I'm fine either way really, as long as they don't play all the starters all game.
    FWIW, Welker got hurt on the first drive, wasn't even hit, it looked like he just turned his own leg weird, maybe slipped. The Pats took Brady out in the 2nd quarter, only to put him back in to play most of the 2nd half, presumably because they realized the extent of Welker's injury and wanted to get his replacement more reps with Brady.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Roethlisburger has some sort of shoulder injury that doesn't look good either.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Baltimore beat Oakland which puts them in the playoffs against New England. It also eliminates Pittsburgh. Denver is being blown out by Kansas City

Cincinnati will face either Houston or New York depending on what happens tonight.

So the playoff matchups for next week will be:

Philadelphia at Dallas
    Green Bay at Arizona
    Baltimore at New England
    Houston/NY Jets at Cincinnati

Bengals are resting at least some starters tonight. Benson is inactive. Bernard Scott will start at running back.

No since in playing to win now. Just get people rest. Sucks. I wanted to play Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    I wanted to play Denver.
    Me too. What a choke job by Denver. One of the worst I've ever seen. Couldn't beat two pathetic teams in the last two weeks to get in.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I'd rather see the Bengals play the Jets but there's something intriguing about the team having a rematch with the Texans. I wonder how different the game is when the team isn't in mourning for their defensive coordinator's wife who had passed away earlier in the week. That could be an interesting game but I think the Bengals have a better shot at getting to Sanchez and the Jets at home rather than having a rematch with the Texans. Either way I'm just glad Pittsburgh is officially out and we don't play the Ravens first, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Think Cincy is throwing the game!?

Turn Off Ads?