Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Bengals/Jets moved to Sunday Night

Re: Bengals/Jets moved to Sunday Night

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I'm not a big Bengals fan but I would love, love, love to see them pound the Jets.
    I'm not even a little Bengals fan, and I would love to see them pound the Jets, too.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Maybe add a sideline play to take out a certain Jets head coach and it'd be a perfect day.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Ryan says Jets should be favorites to win it all By DENNIS WASZAK Jr., The Associated Press
    3:31 PM Wednesday, January 6, 2010
    FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — New York Jets coach Rex Ryan says his team should not only be favored to beat the Cincinnati Bengals, but to win theSuper Bowl.

During his daily news conference Wednesday, Ryan was asked what his reaction was to being the team with the longest odds to win the championship. Ryan says he wasn't aware of that, but "we should be favorites."

When asked to clarify whether he meant against the Bengals or the entire playoffs, Ryan said "the whole tournament." He cited the fact the Jets have the league's best defense and rushing game as reasons they should be favorites.

The Jets opened as a 1-point underdog against the Bengals, and are now a 2½-point underdog. Their current odds of winning the Super Bowl are 50-1.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Maybe add a sideline play to take out a certain Jets head coach and it'd be a perfect day.

You really don't like this guy, do you?

I'm just wondering why the Jets didn't go undefeated since they are so darn good.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post

You really don't like this guy, do you?
    He's just got phony written all over him. His jubilant displays on the sideline on Sunday were very bush league, like he had never won a game before in his life. Between crying Rex and happy Rex, I smell manic depressive
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I'm just wondering why the Jets didn't go undefeated since they are so darn good.
    To be fair, the were sabotaged by their own QB. If Sanchez figures it out, they are pretty scary.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    To be fair, the were sabotaged by their own QB. If Sanchez figures it out, they are pretty scary.

Could be. Very similar formula to the Steelers team that won it all in Ben's rookie year.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I think our running game is going to be everything. Hopefully Cedric runs all over them. Although I'm sure we'll see a few power run up the middle with Scott for no gain.
    Both of these teams have top ranked run defenses, averaging 98 yds/game and 3.8 yds/carry. So I think it's gonna be a battle. Both teams will run the ball a lot, which eats up the clock, and why I think it will be a low scoring affair, and why Palmer has to perform.

The Bengals didn't play Benson (which was good), and the Jets put up 257 yds rushing last week vs the Bengals. But was that because a lot of the Bengal's starters on defense were not playing?

And yeah, Rex Ryan has a big mouth. I guess anything is possible. Teddy boy Bruschi seems to agree with Ryan....

Former Patriots LB Tedy Bruschi revealed a surprising playoff prediction in his role as an ESPN analyst on Tuesday. The Jets, and not Bruschi's former team, are the more likely AFC wild-card participant to earn a spot in the Super Bowl

GO BENGALS!!!!
    Last edited by GAC; 01-07-2010 at 04:43 AM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Could be. Very similar formula to the Steelers team that won it all in Ben's rookie year.
    Same team these Jets remind me of, but the Pats knocked them out in the AFCCG. And WVRed already gave you the game plan, score early and often and force the rookie QB to shoot his own team in the foot. Those Steelers didn't have Darrelle Revis covering Deion Branch, though.

FWIW, the last time the Pats played the Jets, the Pats "Welkered" them to death , 15 catches for 192 yards, they put up 24 points in the 1st half and Sanchez threw 4 INTs.
    Last edited by blumj; 01-07-2010 at 07:56 AM.

Same team these Jets remind me of, but the Pats knocked them out in the AFCCG. And WVRed already gave you the game plan, score early and often and force the rookie QB to shoot his own team in the foot. Those Steelers didn't have Darrelle Revis covering Deion Branch, though.
    No, they just had Troy Palomaulo roaming the field covering and tackling everybody
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    No, they just had Troy Palomaulo roaming the field covering and tackling everybody
    Yeah, but he was still a puppy back then, too. They probably redirected his attention somehow.

FWIW, the last time the Pats played the Jets, the Pats "Welkered" them to death , 15 catches for 192 yards, they put up 24 points in the 1st half and Sanchez threw 4 INTs.
    Too bad the Bengals don't have a "Wes Welker" or even a competent TE to use those type of plays with. Maybe we can work in a few short passes to Leonard and see what happens.

Too bad we don't know how Peko and Crocker will hold up...along with Jeanty. Who backs up Tank now that Sims is gone?

Can someone explain to me how Revis gets away with having his hands on a WR down the field? Am I the only one blind to that fact he has his hands all over Chad on a couple of long plays? In the ATL he threw his hands up before the ball was even halfway to the WR on the sidelines and still got no call.

Good Luck to everybody.

Enjoy the game.

Be safe.

It's been a very special season and Saturday will not be the last chapter of this book.

Turn Off Ads?