Turn Off Ads?

Thread: What about Orlando Hudson?

Reds1990

What about Orlando Hudson?

Of course this would be dependent on the Reds moving Brandon Phillips to short. I think potentially that they could be a very good double play duo not to mention the bat and speed that Hudson could bring to the table. I am not sure what his asking price is but let's say it's around 5-6 million would he be a nice fit or what?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What about Orlando Hudson?

I was lobbying for this last year.

BP would actually be worth keeping at his salary if he moved to SS and opened up 2B for any of our younger sluggers to step in.

Hudson would be a great stop-gap, especially if he could be had for a one year deal.
    Unfortunately he was on a one year deal and made the All-Star team, so he's likely looking for a LTC.
    If it was $6M, it would be a steal.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

From what we have heard, Dusty and Walt do not want to move Brandon to short. They think he is too good at 2B defensively and offensively. Hudson would not be much of a loss there and Brandon sure would solidify the offense at SS. I think this would be amazing and smart by the front office, but when was the last time they did either of those two things?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

The better NL SS's are getting old. BP would thrive there and win several Gold Gloves. It was also make him worthy of his salary.

Frazier is a potential future second baseman, maybe sooner than later.

They won't put BP at shortstop or put Frazier there or second cause Dusty & front office are cowards!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    The better NL SS's are getting old. BP would thrive there and win several Gold Gloves. It was also make him worthy of his salary.

Frazier is a potential future second baseman, maybe sooner than later.
    I'd love to agree, because I think Frazier would be nice at 2b, and Phillips at SS, but you've got Hanley, the kid in ATL, Rollins about the same age as BP, Reyes. BP should get his shot at SS, but it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BEETTLEBUG View Post
    They won't put BP at shortstop or put Frazier there or second cause Dusty & front office are cowards!!!
    I don't know if "coward" is the right word. Stupid, dumb, ignorant, pigheaded - maybe, but not coward.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Thank you for finally answering me I thought nobody agreed with me about that and would say so.

Yes, yes, and yes.

Turn Off Ads?