Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jason Bay Signs With Mets

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Jason Bay Signs With Mets

4/years 66 Million with vesting option for 2014 at 14 Million so 5/ years 80 mil

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jason Bay Signs With Mets

What? What? This cannot be. That was just a PR ploy.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...highlight=ploy
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

It seems like he always killed the Reds. I hate to see him back in the NL.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Interesting ripple effects here. The Mets were one destination for Matt Holiday. Without the Mets and the Yankees saying they weren't signing a big ticket FA this off season its the Red Sox or bust for Holiday. The Angles could be a destination but Artie Morano hates Boras which makes the signing there unlikely. It looks as if Holiday should have taken the extension Colorado offered him a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Interesting ripple effects here. The Mets were one destination for Matt Holiday. Without the Mets and the Yankees saying they weren't signing a big ticket FA this off season its the Red Sox or bust for Holiday. The Angles could be a destination but Artie Morano hates Boras which makes the signing there unlikely. It looks as if Holiday should have taken the extension Colorado offered him a few years ago.

What about the Cardinals?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    What about the Cardinals?
    Correct me if I am wrong but Holiday is holding out for at least the same amount Colorado offered him two seasons ago. I don't believe that the Cards are willing to go that high. With the Yanks surprisingly out of the pitcher there are few known bidders for Holiday. I can see Holiday signing with the Cards but they have issues as well. Most notabally the contract status of one Albert Pujols. Whatever they offer Holiday will be blown out of the water by Albert. It will be interesting to see how all this unfolds. I think the Red Sox make a late push for him but that is just a guess.

Mets need pitching, much more than hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    What? What? This cannot be. That was just a PR ploy.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...highlight=ploy
    I knew that was coming.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

He's not going to like hitting in that park. But I guess for 66 mill he probably doesn't care.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

What a tremendous mistake. That can eat up so much payroll. Worried whether Mets will even be able to afford a team this year. There are AAA prospects so much cheaper. Should have just put a minor league hitter out there, anyone can play left.
    Makes no sense.

Whoops, sorry, wrong team.

Dude only had one offer on the table after the Red Sox pulled their's and signed Cameron. Bay didn't want to play for the Mets but his options were limited as no other team made a serious play. Bay's agent tried desperately to get the Sox back in the mix but they wouldn't bite for the money the Mets offered. If Bay gets off to a bad start could be trouble.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I knew that was coming.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but Holiday is holding out for at least the same amount Colorado offered him two seasons ago. I don't believe that the Cards are willing to go that high. With the Yanks surprisingly out of the pitcher there are few known bidders for Holiday. I can see Holiday signing with the Cards but they have issues as well. Most notabally the contract status of one Albert Pujols. Whatever they offer Holiday will be blown out of the water by Albert. It will be interesting to see how all this unfolds. I think the Red Sox make a late push for him but that is just a guess.

I still believe Holliday will sign with St. Louis.

Bay is so bad defensively that a fair amount of his offensive pluses are negated. Plus you never know what will happen on the south side of age 30. Not a wise move by the Mets IMO. Not that he won't help in 2010. I just think by 2012 it could start to get a big ugly in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Mets need pitching, much more than hitting.
    tru dat...Jason Bay is a solid big leaguer but will be a non-factor there without a pitching staff to keep them in games.

As good as Bay is would he even be a big deal if he hadn't played for the Sox? it just peeves me how much attention these guys get playing in Boston or New York....can you imagine if Dunner had put up his career numbers in a Boston uni? The sportswriters would've already enshrined him by now

Turn Off Ads?