Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Reds moments of this decade?

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: Best Reds moments of this decade?

The game vs the Phillies where Dunn bowled over Lieberthal @ home plate, only later to have Lieberthal tackle him from behind as Dunn attempted to charge the mound vs Carlos Silva.

When Javy Valentin made his debut @ 3B @ the final season of Yankee Stadium when the Reds visited the Yankees in 2008.

Lindner no longer being principle owner.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Dunn's 2 HR day and the Randa walk off.

I was there
    Go Gators!

Juan Castros walk off homer on Cinco de mayo.

Ok,that was tongue in cheek.

2005 opening day was of course major.
    Juniors 500th and 600th

I'll have to consider this longer.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Dunns walk off homer in 2008 against the Indians when he was asked to bunt and failed to get one down.This mainly because I was there.

Haunted by walks

Johnny Cueto's debut?

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I was at the Jay Bruce walk off HR game against the Braves and that was a really fun day. I have a great picture of Jay about to get mobbed by his teammates at home plate which was my desktop picture at work for most of last summer. Another great thing about that game was that Griffey Jr. had hit HR #599 earlier in the game so everyone got all excited every time he came up to bat wondering if he was going to hit #600 at home. Of course he didn't but the anticipation for it was pretty cool. It's the first time I've ever been present when a big milestone like that could be hit and I liked that experience.

I remember a game several years ago during Memorial Day weekend where my friend and I were stuck in sun drenched seats on one of the most humid and hot days of the year (in late May, it should not be 90 degrees F with high humidity ) and after not leading for the entire game, the Reds fought back against the Diamondbacks and Javy hit a walk off HR (after my fave player at the time, Austin Kearns, had walked prior to Javy's at bat) to win the game for the Redlegs. My friend and I were so excited about the win and then we walked down to the Taste of Cincinnati and visited any booth that was selling cold drinks or ice cream, LOL

I wasn't there but the Dunn walk off GS was awesome (I watched on TV) and I remember when he hit the walk off HR off the same pitcher (I think it was a game with the Indians) and could not stop laughing about it. I kind of felt bad for that pitcher who probably ended up a Reds Trivia question after that game, LOL

Other random ones: Johnny Cueto's debut was pretty awesome, Joey and Johnny Gomes both having 3 HR games (just because they don't happen very often and Joey's happened on my mom's birthday last year), Griffey's debut

On a cheesier note, I went to a bunch of games in 2008 and Joey NEVER hit a HR in any of those games and it was really bumming me out. The final game we went to that season was the one against the Brewers where it seemed like every Red was hitting the tar out of the ball and Joey hit TWO HRs in that game (and one of them nearly left the ballpark). It was a great game and I barely had a voice the next day from screaming (and I think they ran out of fireworks too, LOL). I like to think that he had to make up for all the other games where he didn't hit any HRs by hitting a couple of them just for me, LOL And for the record, I think I saw about seven or eight of his HRs in 2009 so thankfully my season of only being at one game with him hitting a HR ended very quickly, LOL
    Last edited by HeatherC1212; 12-30-2009 at 09:55 PM.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

At least "Reds best moments all time" stack up pretty well against most other teams.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ti.html?cat=14

I forgot to include Griffey's 500th and 600th home runs in my first post.

Harang out dueling Carpenter in St. Louis was a big one too. Dunn's slam has to be near the top. For me, Josh Hamilton's first hit, hr, etc. Jay Bruce's debut was great too. Edinson making the All-Star team and any time the Reds beat the Cubs.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Griffey's walkf off inside the parker off of Jimmy Edmond's leg is still my fav.

Haunted by walks

The night Deion Sanders returned and went 3-for-3 with a home run and three RBIs.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    This is a sad, sad thread.
    Hey, I started a thread titled titled "Best Reds postseason moments of this decade" and it got no replies at all.

Since we're grasping at straws, let me add that the introduction of the new uniforms, ending the run of the awful vests and black caps, was a best moment of the decade.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Hey, I started a thread titled titled "Best Reds postseason moments of this decade" and it got no replies at all.

Since we're grasping at straws, let me add that the introduction of the new uniforms, ending the run of the awful vests and black caps, was a best moment of the decade.
    i actually liked the vests.. the white with pinstripes and matching hat

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Johnny Cueto's debut?
    This is my vote -- I actually think we'll look back at that moment as a turning point for the franchise
    Where we gonna go?

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    This is my vote -- I actually think we'll look back at that moment as a turning point for the franchise
    I went to this game on my lunch break.. had worked out a deal with my boss which i bought the tickets off of and went to the game. The day was overcast and drizzling and not to mention cold but Cueto was on fire!

Turn Off Ads?