Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Tech fires football coach Mike Leach

Re: Leach Fired

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Wrong question.

Was the best thing for the injured player done for the injured player?

That is the only question.
    And, based on what I know, I can't say for sure that your question couldn't be answered with a yes. It's important to know what the specific, actual facts were. The attorney said that 3 trainers were with the player. Can we take that as fact? This will likely end up in court where the facts will be known. My bet is that there will be an out of court settlement down the road.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Wrong question.

Was the best thing for the injured player done for the injured player?

That is the only question.
    Well.......I'm sure they could have brought in a couple of cheerleaders to give him a massage.......geeze. This kid is a crybaby prima donna, and his mommy and daddy getting involved is a crock. I wish UC would have held out on a coach, I'd love to have Leach up here. Heaven forbid a coach require his players to be accountable to rules. From what I read the kid showed up in sunglasses to practice, which is not allowed, so Leach took him out of the sun. WITH THREE trainers the entire time.

I'll love to find out what the line on their bowl game was a week ago and what it will be in a couple more days.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Well.......I'm sure they could have brought in a couple of cheerleaders to give him a massage.......geeze. This kid is a crybaby prima donna, and his mommy and daddy getting involved is a crock. I wish UC would have held out on a coach, I'd love to have Leach up here. Heaven forbid a coach require his players to be accountable to rules. From what I read the kid showed up in sunglasses to practice, which is not allowed, so Leach took him out of the sun. WITH THREE trainers the entire time.
    If Adam James wasn't the son of Craig James, this wouldn't be a story. Soft kid, with crappy work ethic receives some discipline. The WR coach for Texas Tech backed up/supported Leach and his actions against Adam James, and I don't remember the other titles of coaches who spoke on the side of Leach as well, all saying that Adam James was a bad apple.

Should be interesting to see how his teammates interact with Adam James in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    I'll love to find out what the line on their bowl game was a week ago and what it will be in a couple more days.

Not much change so far. A point or a point and a half move towards Michigan State.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    If Adam James wasn't the son of Craig James, this wouldn't be a story. Soft kid, with crappy work ethic receives some discipline. The WR coach for Texas Tech backed up/supported Leach and his actions against Adam James, and I don't remember the other titles of coaches who spoke on the side of Leach as well, all saying that Adam James was a bad apple.

Should be interesting to see how his teammates interact with Adam James in the future.
    Strength coach Bennie Wylie, inside receivers coach Lincoln Riley, and former assistant coach Dana Holgorsen (now at Houston) all came out in support of Leech along with some of the players. http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.c...terstitialskip

But, apparently some players are backing James and I thought this was interesting:
    A person with direct knowledge of the tension between Leach and Texas Tech said that Craig James used his position at ESPN to lobby Texas Tech coaches for more playing time for his son.

“He called the coaches and implored them to play his son more and insinuated he would say good things about them on the air if they played his son more,” said the person, who was granted anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the issue. “At one point Leach said to James, ‘The next time your father leaves any of us a voice mail to that effect we’re going to play it to the entire team.’ ”

The person said Leach’s attorney sent a letter to ESPN executives informing them of this. An ESPN spokesman said that ESPN was not immediately available to comment. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/31/sp...l/31leach.html
    Should be a really fun game to watch on Saturday. By the way, James (the father) was scheduled to announce their game on Saturday but has been replaced for that game.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 12-30-2009 at 09:36 PM.

Yay!

And, based on what I know, I can't say for sure that your question couldn't be answered with a yes. It's important to know what the specific, actual facts were. The attorney said that 3 trainers were with the player. Can we take that as fact? This will likely end up in court where the facts will be known. My bet is that there will be an out of court settlement down the road.
    Was he treated the same way any other play would have been treated in the same circumstance?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Was he treated the same way any other play(er) would have been treated in the same circumstance?
    You're insinuating that he wasn't without giving us anything to back it up.

Leach bypassed the AD last year in negotiating his extension ... one was going to go, looks like the AD won.

I wouldn't expect him to have a problem finding his next gig and I also expect TTU to not be heard from anytime soon
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Yay!

You're insinuating that he wasn't without giving us anything to back it up.
    And vice versa. If he had been sending all kids with concussions to a storage "shed" or media room, he would not have lasted this long.

Yay!

Also, for those blaming ESPN for this, did Mark Mangino mistreat any ESPN employees' sons?

Re: Texas Tech fires football coach Mike Leach

And vice versa. If he had been sending all kids with concussions to a storage "shed" or media room, he would not have lasted this long.
    What the heck?
    Also, for those blaming ESPN for this, did Mark Mangino mistreat any ESPN employees' sons?
    Who is blaming espn?

Yay!

What the heck? Who is blaming espn?
    If this was Leach's standard procedure for players with concussions, he would have gotten axed a long time ago. Once a kid is hurt, you have to forget what a turd he may be or who his daddy works for. He is a hurt kid. As for who is blaming ESPN, see posts 2, 4, and 19 above.

Bottom line is this: He was probably goofing off, and Leach told him to go sit in the shed. Stuff like this happens every single day in every single football program at every single level.

If this isn't Craig James' son, and the admin doesn't already want to fire leach, there is a 0.0% chance this makes the news.

This is so freaking standard. He's a football coach. What the crap do you think happens to guys on Alabama's football team when they goof off or have a lazy attitude? I guarantee you that Saban does something worse than make them sit in a stupid little shed and ride a bicycle.
    DLC11@Insightbb.com

If this was Leach's standard procedure for players with concussions, he would have gotten axed a long time ago. Once a kid is hurt, you have to forget what a turd he may be or who his daddy works for. He is a hurt kid. As for who is blaming ESPN, see posts 2, 4, and 19 above.
    I'm not going to respond to the sentence in bold. I'll give ya posts 2 and 4 but I think Craig James is more to blame than the network he works for.

Good point Playadlc.

Turn Off Ads?