Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Texas Tech fires football coach Mike Leach

Re: Texas Tech fires football coach Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Interesting video just emerged from the internet...

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4987838
    Glad to see ESPN still doing Craig James dirty work for him.

ESPN really stepping up to the plate these days.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Eh he didn't use the best judgement in choosing his words in the 2nd clip but if I was a parent of one of the kids that video wouldn't bother me that much.
    Eh...I disagree. Considering this is Texas Tech, which is the heartland of the Bible Belt, and Leach is yelling at his players to only pray for football, I'd say it's a big deal. The Texas Tech lawyers are probably salivating at the mouth right now.
    That hit was plenty fair. Atleast by a quarter of an inch.
    -Steve Stone

I saw the clip on Cold Pizza, Morning Brew, whatever the hell that show is called now on ESPN2 and I gotta say.. if that is the first time any of these kids have heard those words in their lives they have been really really really lucky or really really really really sheltered.

They had a guy who played football in the NFL on the program and he had absolutely zero problem with either clip. He said he had coaches move him twice while he was in college, just part of being a college football player. Just to put things in perspective. He could have done without the "God Squad" mention and gotten the point across.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

Eh...I disagree. Considering this is Texas Tech, which is the heartland of the Bible Belt, and Leach is yelling at his players to only pray for football, I'd say it's a big deal. The Texas Tech lawyers are probably salivating at the mouth right now.
    I think he was meaning when they're there for football to be about football. thats what I took from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I think he was meaning when they're there for football to be about football. thats what I took from it.
    Thats how I took it also.

He seemed to say that when you are on the field keep your mind clear of other distractions and be all about football.

Interesting in that Leake doesn't do much of anything wrong in it? If that's the worst they could dig up on Leake, TT is in trouble with the lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Interesting in that Leake doesn't do much of anything wrong in it? If that's the worst they could dig up on Leake, TT is in trouble with the lawsuit.
    You beat me to it. Those were my thoughts as well. I see nothing incriminating here at all. If this is the worst stuff they can come up with then Texas Tech better get ready to pay up. It's not like he said this while coaching for Notre Dame or SMU

Which is why I said that he could've used better judgement in choosing his words in the 2nd clip. And like Slyder and GIDP mentioned, even though it was kinda funny to watch (hey Mike Leach take some public speaking classes please!) I thought what he was trying to talk about was just focusing on the job at hand. There will always be someone that wants to complain and in that case I wouldn't be surprised if some parents didn't like that video. But, if that video is supposed to justify firing him I don't think it worked.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

The video probably does as much to poison the well for Leach to get his next job than it does to support the case for firing him. Since Leach has a law degree, I imagine he is as well-prepared as any coach in the country could be to play hardball with his former employer.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?