Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Liriano On The Market

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Liriano On The Market

Rumor of the day - M's kicking tires on Francisco Liriano. If there's one team who Jose Lopez makes sense for, it is Minnesota.
    about 15 hours ago from TweetDeck
    Dave Cameron via tweet/mlbtraderumors.com

if Jose Lopez is an option what about this deal:

Brandon Phillips for Liriano and D. Young

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Liriano On The Market

Brandon Phillips, Heisey and $3 million for Liriano and Young.

I think offering Phillips and Heisey for Liriano and Young is a mistake. I would like to obtain Liriano but I also view his future as a roll of the dice. He did not look well at all last year after his return from Tommy John. If the Twins are willing to deal him then it may not think he will return to form because why would a small market team dump a left handed pitcher with potential before he can break the bank in arbitration.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I'd deal Phillips for Liriano & Young. I think it is worth the gamble.

i wouldn't want Young. the Reds seem to be building an organization that prides itself on hard work & professionalism. i believe Young has not been stellar in this regard.

as to Liriano i agree it smells a bit 'fishy' that the Twins would want to deal him.

My guess is, they would be seeking a pretty good hull of top prospects.I'm not sure why they would want to take on a guy that will be making a pretty good chunk of change the next few years and that doesn't pitch or play a premium position.I'd love to have Liriano but just not for the likely asking price.

Turn Off Ads?