Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

  1. #1
    CELEBRATION TIME RBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    13,983

    Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

    Time Warner Cable and Fox are negotiating over airing of the Fox Network. This is your local affiliate that shows the Simpsons, House, and FOOTBALL.

    I think it's likely a deal will be reached.
    Last edited by RBA; 01-01-2010 at 10:39 AM.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    High five! nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    6,976

    Re: Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

    I have DirecTV!
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

  4. #3
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,534

    Re: Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

    I thought their deal expired last night. What happened?

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    2,075

    Re: Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

    Cincinnati makes the Sugar Bowl and the locals can't even watch?!? That would be awful.

  6. #5
    CELEBRATION TIME RBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    13,983

    Re: Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I thought their deal expired last night. What happened?
    Deadline extended for further negotiations.

  7. #6
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,581

    Re: Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

    All TW does with this charade is make sure that the negotiations become an issue the public cares about, eventually negotiate a favorable contract with the network in question, then use the new contract as a crying towel for the next rate increase. "Its these network bullies that keep on making your rates increase, not us."

    Meanwhile, the cable providers continue on in their failed business model that apparently no one is willing to change, they'll go bankrupt, some scandal will be revealed, and someone will buy the company at a discount. Lather, rinse, repeat.

    It is as predictable as the flawed business models of many professional sports franchises.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  8. #7
    Member Reds4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    3,927

    Re: Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    All TW does with this charade is make sure that the negotiations become an issue the public cares about, eventually negotiate a favorable contract with the network in question, then use the new contract as a crying towel for the next rate increase. "Its these network bullies that keep on making your rates increase, not us."

    Meanwhile, the cable providers continue on in their failed business model that apparently no one is willing to change, they'll go bankrupt, some scandal will be revealed, and someone will buy the company at a discount. Lather, rinse, repeat.

    It is as predictable as the flawed business models of many professional sports franchises.
    I agree. It's amazing that Dish and Direct TV don't have to constantly raise prices because the greedy networks are making them do it. Only seems to be that way with cable companies. Amazing ain't it?
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

  9. #8
    CELEBRATION TIME RBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    13,983

    Re: Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

    Directv is raising prices next month.

  10. #9
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

    They all, satellite and cable, have price increases. The fact is the pay the networks a similar amount per subscriber, so they must charge subscribers similar amounts. Outside of promotional pricing, they aren't many differences between cable & dish pricing.

  11. #10
    Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    6,490

    Re: Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

    Direct TV is in a similar standoff with comcast over Versus. It hasn't been available for months - which sucks for college football and hockey fans who have directv.

  12. #11
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,442

    Re: Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

    Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Time Warner Cable and Fox are negotiating over airing of the Fox Network. This is your local affiliate that shows the Simpsons, House, and FOOTBALL.

    I think it's likely a deal will be reached.
    The channels being pulled in Cincinnati don't include Channel 19. The following stations are affected, at least in my zip code:

    Food Network
    Fox Reality Channel
    Fox Soccer Channel
    Fox Sports World Espanol
    Fuel
    FX
    Great American Country
    Speed Channel


    As of right now, they are all still broadcasting on Time Warner Cincinnati.

  13. #12
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    11,991

    Re: Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

    I think Fox has to treat this a little carefully.

    There are a lot of channels on TV and I could get used to not watching those listed above. It's kind of like a sports strike. There are a lot of options available and I'm not going to sit around and pine away. I'll go find something else to do.

    Pay attention to the open sky

  14. #13
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

    Deal reached, crisis averted.

  15. #14
    Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Hamilton, Ohio
    Posts
    8,401

    Re: Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

    Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    The channels being pulled in Cincinnati don't include Channel 19. The following stations are affected, at least in my zip code:

    Food Network
    Fox Reality Channel
    Fox Soccer Channel
    Fox Sports World Espanol
    Fuel
    FX
    Great American Country
    Speed Channel


    As of right now, they are all still broadcasting on Time Warner Cincinnati.
    The only one I watch (on a limited basis) is the Food Network - the rest :
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 15-12
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

  16. #15
    Stat geek...and proud
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Paris, OH
    Posts
    2,489

    Re: Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

    Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    The only one I watch (on a limited basis) is the Food Network - the rest :
    Gotta have FX during Sons of Anarchy season.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25