Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

  1. #16
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,657

    Re: Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

    Just in time for American Idol
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,145

    Re: Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

    I am eagerly anticipating "Justified" on FX. It is set in Kentucky and looks to be in the same vein as SOA and The Shield.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  4. #18
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,546

    Re: Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

    I don't understand why cable companies always have these issues and the satellite companies don't. Case in point, the Big Ten Network. It took TWC a couple years to negotiate carriage while Directv had it all along. The NFL Network still isn't on TWC. Why does it take years for cable to negotiate deals that happen so fast on satellite that you don't even know they're going on?

  5. #19
    Member Jpup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Southern KY
    Posts
    6,967

    Re: Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't understand why cable companies always have these issues and the satellite companies don't. Case in point, the Big Ten Network. It took TWC a couple years to negotiate carriage while Directv had it all along. The NFL Network still isn't on TWC. Why does it take years for cable to negotiate deals that happen so fast on satellite that you don't even know they're going on?
    DirecTV has it problems with networks as well. Versus is not on anymore, ESPNU is not available in HD, Travel is not in HD, etc. DirecTV just doesn't make a big deal about it. They just take it off and move on.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

  6. #20
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,546

    Re: Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    DirecTV has it problems with networks as well. Versus is not on anymore, ESPNU is not available in HD, Travel is not in HD, etc. DirecTV just doesn't make a big deal about it. They just take it off and move on.
    What's the issue with putting ESPN-U in HD? Is it a bandwidth problem? I wouldn't think it'd be a contractual thing with ABC

  7. #21
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,543

    Re: Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    What's the issue with putting ESPN-U in HD? Is it a bandwidth problem? I wouldn't think it'd be a contractual thing with ABC
    I think it is basically bandwidth. Directv already has an agreement to carry ESPNU in HD and they are supposed to turn that on probably around spring of this year. Directv just launched a new satellite last week that is supposed to give them capacity for up to 200 HD channels later this year.

  8. #22
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    I think it is basically bandwidth. Directv already has an agreement to carry ESPNU in HD and they are supposed to turn that on probably around spring of this year. Directv just launched a new satellite last week that is supposed to give them capacity for up to 200 HD channels later this year.

    "For a second I thought you said 200 channels."
    "I did."
    "What is it with those guys?"

  9. #23
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,465

    Re: Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't understand why cable companies always have these issues and the satellite companies don't. Case in point, the Big Ten Network. It took TWC a couple years to negotiate carriage while Directv had it all along. The NFL Network still isn't on TWC. Why does it take years for cable to negotiate deals that happen so fast on satellite that you don't even know they're going on?
    It comes down to cost; for once, TWC isn't pulling our legs. When I had Dish, my monthly bill was over $20 more for just video service than I am paying for similar video and internet with TWC right now. Dish and DirecTV both have a ton of hidden fees, plus in Ohio you have to pay sales tax on sat but not cable. On the flip side of your point, I switched to TWC largely because Dish dropped Center Ice and refused to carry MLB Network, two things that I care very much about.

  10. #24
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,256

    Re: Fox Television Network off Time Warner Cable?

    Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    It comes down to cost; for once, TWC isn't pulling our legs. When I had Dish, my monthly bill was over $20 more for just video service than I am paying for similar video and internet with TWC right now. Dish and DirecTV both have a ton of hidden fees, plus in Ohio you have to pay sales tax on sat but not cable. On the flip side of your point, I switched to TWC largely because Dish dropped Center Ice and refused to carry MLB Network, two things that I care very much about.
    I never had to deal with hidden fees on DirectTV. Everything seemed pretty straight forward as far as the bill went. I'd probably still be with them if it weren't for the fact that my local phone rates went through the roof to the point where switching back to TWC made sense, even though I absolutely despise their customer service. I swear their philosophy with customers is to try to tick them off so much that they won't call back.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25