Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manager after Dusty Baker?

Re: Manager after Dusty Baker?

Tony Perez

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    Pete McKannin...
    I'm a fan of Mackanin. I'd take Rick Sweet as well. Dusty, and if Dusty get fired, LaRussa are luxuries. You are paying them for what they have done in the past and hoping they can duplicate that past success.

If the Reds want to build the major league squad through their farm system, they need to invest that extra money in successful scouts and minor league instructors.

How many wins did Dusty gain in 2009 that Mackanin or Sweet wouldn't. It's pretty much a function of talent. (I do admire how he handled the Votto situation)

Pay market value for someone who has earned the right to manage in the Majors that has a history of success in the minors.
    "Hyperbole is the greatest thing ever" Redsland

I'd forgotten that Lou's contract is up after this season for the Cubs...Just another thought...he actually came to Redsfest

Who should it be? Davey Johnson. He has the know how to handle young kids on the verge and veterans. Hes proved it many times over.

Oh any one that wants Rolen off this team has no clue how to build a winning club. Feel like Im beating a dead horse on that one but still a lot of people here that dont know their Reds history. PS Larkin is NOT a leader, 2000 proved that.
    "Dem dogs is good" - Pete Rose

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

This organization is becoming all about youth and cutting costs. Rick Sweet will be the next manager. And he has coached all these guys before anyway. It only makes sense.

After I voted, only 17% thought that Baker would keep his job and get an extension. While the thought of that scares me to death, I voted on it because I see nothing from Castellini that's changed my mind that he doesn't want to continue to travel the social circles with baseball's elite. His ego too huge to "not" give Baker an extension, and it's only Baker who will choose to part ways, not the other way around. Production has nothing to do with it, as we've obviously seen already many times.

Turn Off Ads?