Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ohio State versus Oregon in the 2010 Rose Bowl

Re: Ohio State versus Oregon in the 2010 Rose Bowl

Bucks have gotten some stops. Get the feeling that one big play from either will be enough to win the game
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

The way the Bucks played earlier, this shouldn't be a game, but it seems like Tressel can't resist being Tressel, and hold his offense in check.

At least T. Pryor is showing some damn fine signs of life, when he's not only throwing to D. Posey.

I'm not sure why don't throw to Ballard more.

26-17 OSU. That should do it. If the scores holds I'll be off my one on my prediction.

I think the time of possession has been the biggest key in the game so far. Oregon's offense has never had a chance to get any real momentum going.

Can't believe Oregon attempted a field goal there on 4th and 1. Very puzzling decision, IMO.

Oh man, this is feeling sweet!!!

My guess is they want a 1 score game. If they get the ball back, it's 4 down territory no matter the yard line.
    "Hyperbole is the greatest thing ever" Redsland

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Oh man, this is feeling sweet!!!

Ohio State

Took care of business. Tressel won, and he did it his way.

In my mind, this game was never in doubt. Great game Bucks!

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

What a great win for the Buckeyes. The D played at a high level and about as good as they could. Their front 4 definately won. Ironically, the D game plan that many used to predict the Bucks demise was what the Bucks used to beat the Ducks--make the QB beat them with the throw.

Pryor played the game that is expected of him. It seemed once the Bucks got in sight of winning the game, adrenaline kicked in and he found the step that his bum knee had him a step slow in the first half. I still wonder if that limp out of bounds was not for show, as was the announcement of the damaged knee in the first place. That type of gamesmanship seems beneath something Tressel would knowingly do, but it sure did seem odd that Pryor brought that out in a big interview at the Rose Bowl.

The amazing thing was that Tressel put the game in his hands and was rewarded with the best game of Terrelle's career to date. The last throw to Posey was a big time play. The offense just made play after play today.

To me, the Bucks won because the offense was able to move the ball and score points, even when it was a FG. Some of the complaints I saw about Tressel in this thread are laughable. The whole team was on today, including the coaching staff. The only thing Oregon won was kickoff returns, which really was what made the game as close as it was.

And of course, we now know that Oregon was really no good after all.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    What a great win for the Buckeyes. The D played at a high level and about as good as they could. Their front 4 definately won. Ironically, the D game plan that many used to predict the Bucks demise was what the Bucks used to beat the Ducks--make the QB beat them with the throw.

Pryor played the game that is expected of him. It seemed once the Bucks got in sight of winning the game, adrenaline kicked in and he found the step that his bum knee had him a step slow in the first half. I still wonder if that limp out of bounds was not for show, as was the announcement of the damaged knee in the first place. That type of gamesmanship seems beneath something Tressel would knowingly do, but it sure did seem odd that Pryor brought that out in a big interview at the Rose Bowl.

The amazing thing was that Tressel put the game in his hands and was rewarded with the best game of Terrelle's career to date. The last throw to Posey was a big time play. The offense just made play after play today.

To me, the Bucks won because the offense was able to move the ball and score points, even when it was a FG. Some of the complaints I saw about Tressel in this thread are laughable. The whole team was on today, including the coaching staff. The only thing Oregon won was kickoff returns, which really was what made the game as close as it was.

And of course, we now know that Oregon was really no good after all.
    Great post.

If you peruse the final stats, they are in favor of OSU, and it's not even close. I never felt the Bucks were in danger of losing this game. The offense did something it's struggled to do at times this season, which is convert 3rd downs. And Oregon managed just two all game.

And lets give some credit to Devin Barclay and Pettrey. The kick coverage unit was terrible, but the kickers were fantastic, and were a big part of the win.

Great all around performance. Couldn't have played any better IMO.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Great effort by the Buckeyes today. Both sides of the ball looked sharp.

Their D forced Oregon to change their offensive gameplan, and Pryor really showed the whole country something today.

Would it kill Tressel to step on the throats of opponents and really put teams away? It seemed like Pryor made some plays himself later in the game to put the Ducks away, rather than Tressel's playcalling. I'd rather Tressel be very un-Tressel, and use his talent and weapons to the best of their abilities, rather than try and put square pegs in round holes.

Pryor to Posey is a special connection though, really something for the Buckeyes to enjoy next year.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I'm not sure why don't throw to Ballard more.
    I'm good buddies with Jake. I know when he turned in his paperwork to the NFL last year they said he would likely be a 5th round pick. NFL teams recognize his potential. He has great hands and has been constantly underutilized by Tress during his time at OSU.

The problem in going to Ballard is that OSU didn't have the multiple WR threats needed to force opposing LBs from the middle, and his last two seasons came in the "build up Pryor" years. Had Ballard been an upperclassmen in the Smith, Holmes, Ginn, Robiskie, Gonzo years he would have been pretty dominate as a TE working man to man against LBs and safties.

Great win for the Bucks, and hopefully a great coming out party for the real Terrelle Pryor. If that TP shows up next year OSU can win the national title.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Turn Off Ads?