Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sugar Bowl UC.vs. Florida

Re: Sugar Bowl UC.vs. Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post

They were up by 27 points with 8 seconds left, the game is over. There is no point in running the ball. Take a knee. Classless move by Meyer.

Alabama could have scored again against Florida in the last minute of the SEC title game, but Saban called off the dogs. Think Florida fans would have been happy if Bama tacked on another 7 there? I don't.
    Classless or not that is college football these days. If you don't beat your opponents by 20-30 pts you lose a spot or two in the ranks. I don't like running it up myself but this is what the rankings and BCS have created.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The SEC does this to teams...
    UConn beat South Carolina 20-7 yesterday. The Big East does that to teams.... (makes about as much sense).

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Really? The SEC does this? UK would have done this? How about Mississippi State? Do you think South Carolina would have put up half a hundred on UC?

Florida does this, Bama would have done this. UC would probably beat the rest of the SEC teams.
    You're right. There's 12 teams in the SEC and even though ten of them made Bowl games, not all twelve would have blown out UC. But as you admit, two of the SEC teams would have and no other conference can say that. As for how many SEC schools could beat UC, I agree with what was posted earlier. UC would be in the middle of the pack in the SEC, which is not to diminish UC's season. I for one enjoyed it immensely.

UC would be in the middle of the pack in the SEC.
    If by middle of the pack you mean third, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Third. The rest of the SEC hasn't looked all that good in the bowl season have they? Auburn almost lost to Northwestern. South Carolina is being shut out at half time against UCONN. LSU lost to a Penn State team who had 0 top 25 wins this year (though I do believe PSU is a quality team). Kentucky lost to Clemson. Georgia beat up a .500 Texas A&M team. Tennessee got blown out by Virginia Tech. The two teams at the top of the SEC are incredibly good. The rest of the conference this year was ho-hum.

A Texas A&M team that nearly beat #2 Texas.

No SEC team is as good as Alabama or Florida but so what? Very few teams are. Ten teams in Bowl games is very impressive. You really can't do better than that. That's an incredible feat for a 12 team conference

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    UConn beat South Carolina 20-7 yesterday. The Big East does that to teams.... (makes about as much sense).
    Yeah. 20-7 resembles 51-24. I get it...

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    The SEC is really, really top heavy this season. There is Alabama and Florida. LSU is a distant third. Then there is the rest of the league lumped together each roster having some significant flaws. Don't come ready to play and they can womp you but most of the 2009 SEC is beatable.
    Take the top two teams out of any league in college football and the rest will have serious flaws. One of those teams with serious flaws easily could have beaten #1 Alabama (Tennessee). They also played Florida very close. Due to injury, the team that we saw in the Peach Bowl vs Va Tech was not the same, but those middle of the road SEC teams are awfully tough.

Yeah. 20-7 resembles 51-24. I get it...
    In the end, it's pretty much the same. Neither game was ever in doubt.

If by middle of the pack you mean third, I agree.
    I was agreeing with this written earlier:

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    I'm guessing middle of the pack. A solid nine or ten win team this season, depending on their schedule. Though their lack of talent defensively may have meant a couple more losses.

In the end, it's pretty much the same. Neither game was ever in doubt.
    I disagree. The PapaJohn's Bowl was 13-0 entering the 4th qtr. The Sugar Bowl was 13-0 in the first qtr on the way to a 5 TD deficit at halftime. I see a difference, you apparently don't, but disagreements are what this Board is all about...

A solid ten win season would make Cincy 3rd in the SEC....just saying...

You won't find a bigger SEC fan than me but this year, it was a very top-heavy conference. Auburn for instance, won 8 games basically without a senior class....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I disagree. The PapaJohn's Bowl was 13-0 entering the 4th qtr. The Sugar Bowl was 13-0 in the first qtr on the way to a 5 TD deficit at halftime. I see a difference, you apparently don't, but disagreements are what this Board is all about...
    I agree about the disagreements (as strange as that sounds), but entering the fourth quarter South Carolina had about as good a shot at winning that game as UC did entering the fourth quarter in New Orleans (i.e. none).

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

A Texas A&M team that nearly beat #2 Texas.

No SEC team is as good as Alabama or Florida but so what? Very few teams are. Ten teams in Bowl games is very impressive. You really can't do better than that. That's an incredible feat for a 12 team conference
    A bunch of teams made it to the bowls, but beyond the first two teams there was one other good team all year in the league, LSU and then several solid teams.

Oh, and its also the same Texas A&M team who lost by 50 to Kansas State and 55 to Oklahoma. They were 6-7 this year. The fact that Georgia rolled them up shouldn't impress anyone. They weren't a good team this year.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Take the top two teams out of any league in college football and the rest will have serious flaws. One of those teams with serious flaws easily could have beaten #1 Alabama (Tennessee). They also played Florida very close. Due to injury, the team that we saw in the Peach Bowl vs Va Tech was not the same, but those middle of the road SEC teams are awfully tough.
    Tennessee also got 23 points hung on them by Ohio University. What's your point? They don't play consistent football. That's the very definition of 'mediocre.'
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Attack Cat!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Tennessee also got 23 points hung on them by Ohio University. What's your point? They don't play consistent football. That's the very definition of 'mediocre.'
    Hey now! We won the MAC East and went to a bowl! There's no shame in giving up a few points to the Bobcats!

Turn Off Ads?