Turn Off Ads?
Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Just make LeBron and Wes adjunct professors. Much easier.
    That would be great.

They can also make a really cool NIKE commercial with LeBron teaching his class.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    That would be great.

They can also make a really cool NIKE commercial with LeBron teaching his class.
    All about the $
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

That's great, except everyone already knows all about Kentucky's transgressions over the years.

The research I was recommending to you was to check out some other schools and their history with NCAA infractions. Kentucky is not the worst but no one really cares about Arizona State, do they? It comes with the territory of being Kentucky. EVERYTHING is magnified a million degrees.

UNC'S last NCAA infraction occurred in 2006. Kentucky's last infraction was 21 years or so ago.
    If you know they have a history of being dirty, then why get angry at someone when they point it out? Don't give me that crap about Kentucky being somehow magnified and villified because they're Kentucky. They've been caught red-handed and guilty as sin. Twice. With sanctions so serious that they were once given the death penalty and then again almost sent packing from the sport decades later.

You can't magnify that more than it is. They paid players, committed academic fraud, and shaved points. That's not "hating"-- that's just reporting facts.

As for Arizona State, sure, they have a history of NCAA sanctions, but to say Kentucky is somehow less dirty because someone else has been caught more times for less serious stuff is asinine or willfully ignoring truth in favor of fanaticism.

And, for the record, I don't think Cal is any dirtier than any other major Division I coach in America. I'm not demonizing anyone. They're all dirty. Every single one of them.

But I also don't worship at the altar of Calipari. He's shown already a disregard for academics at the university. That I would find troubling, were I as huge a fan as you. Instead, you ignore it and find fault with others because they point out the possible implications.

Obviously, the game is more important to you than the integrity of the university. And, hey, that's fine. Diff'rent strokes, as Gary Coleman and Alan Thicke might sing. But don't condemn me or call me out for being some kind of hater because I think it's unacceptable at all times, no matter what freshman player was taking what classes.

Were it my university, I'd expect my coach to sit guys until their grades were good enough to go. And, if the team GPA were this bad, I'd sanction the coach at the end of the season. Of course, to be fair, my favorite team isn't ever likely to be a major player in the national scene and he doesn't make as much money for the university as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    If you know they have a history of being dirty, then why get angry at someone when they point it out? Don't give me that crap about Kentucky being somehow magnified and villified because they're Kentucky. They've been caught red-handed and guilty as sin. Twice. With sanctions so serious that they were once given the death penalty and then again almost sent packing from the sport decades later.

You can't magnify that more than it is. They paid players, committed academic fraud, and shaved points. That's not "hating"-- that's just reporting facts.

As for Arizona State, sure, they have a history of NCAA sanctions, but to say Kentucky is somehow less dirty because someone else has been caught more times for less serious stuff is asinine or willfully ignoring truth in favor of fanaticism.

And, for the record, I don't think Cal is any dirtier than any other major Division I coach in America. I'm not demonizing anyone. They're all dirty. Every single one of them.

But I also don't worship at the altar of Calipari. He's shown already a disregard for academics at the university. That I would find troubling, were I as huge a fan as you. Instead, you ignore it and find fault with others because they point out the possible implications.

Obviously, the game is more important to you than the integrity of the university. And, hey, that's fine. Diff'rent strokes, as Gary Coleman and Alan Thicke might sing. But don't condemn me or call me out for being some kind of hater because I think it's unacceptable at all times, no matter what freshman player was taking what classes.

Were it my university, I'd expect my coach to sit guys until their grades were good enough to go. And, if the team GPA were this bad, I'd sanction the coach at the end of the season. Of course, to be fair, my favorite team isn't ever likely to be a major player in the national scene and he doesn't make as much money for the university as well.
    The point I was making from the very beginning, and the point you seem to be refusing to accept, is that KENTUCKY IS FAR FROM THE WORST PROGRAM IN NCAA HISTORY WHEN IT COMES TO NCAA INFRACTIONS. You've repeatedly tried to twist my point into something other than that. Kentucky has a history of NCAA infractions?!?! Ya don't say! Hell, the point shaving scandal was only 60 years ago!! haha. There are a bunch of schools you should demonize before you get to UK if you're going to be objective about holding schools with bad histories 'accountable' for past misdeeds. Kentucky has been a role-model for compliance and self-reporting any secondary violations for over 20 years now. When does UK start getting credit for that?

BTW: I missed your apology/retraction in that massive wall of text for attributing actions to Cal that he did not commit.

(You trying to act like some paragon of objectivity when it comes to Kentucky is laughable. Save me YOUR crap. )
    Last edited by WMR; 05-02-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)

Sounds like something a cheater would do.

The point I was making from the very beginning, and the point you seem to be refusing to accept, is that KENTUCKY IS FAR FROM THE WORST PROGRAM IN NCAA HISTORY WHEN IT COMES TO NCAA INFRACTIONS.
    Yes, WMR, it is. The width and breadth of Kentucky's violations (multiple sanctions, multiple times, and the severity of those infractions) pretty much without a doubt makes it the worst program in NCAA history as it relates to infractions.

I know of no other program close, really.

Kentucky is the ONLY NCAA basketball program to receive the Death Penalty once. It almost received the penalty another time. That in itself makes UK the worst violator in NCAA history.

As to my objectivity, perhaps I'm not. (Of course, I've also been accused of being a Kenucky fan by others.)

What to do? Why not ask someone else, then. Put it to Redszone-- create a poll. Ask someone who you consider to be unbiased.

As to the retraction, I am obviously in error. In his article (that is still on the Seattle Times sports page link), the reporter said Cal called Jones. In his blog, the reporter stated that he didn't know who called whom.

BTW: I missed your apology/retraction in that massive wall of text for attributing actions to Cal that he did not commit.
    The reporter stated that he didn't know who called whom. Cal could indeed have placed that call. It's a 50/50 shot.

Common sense says that an 18-year-old that just commited to another school probably wouldn't call another coach.

Of course, there's little common sense involved in recruiting, so who knows?

I know of no other program close, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Kentucky has a history of NCAA infractions?!?! Ya don't say! Hell, the point shaving scandal was only 60 years ago!! haha. There are a bunch of schools you should demonize before you get to UK if you're going to be objective about holding schools with bad histories 'accountable' for past misdeeds. Kentucky has been a role-model for compliance and self-reporting any secondary violations for over 20 years now. When does UK start getting credit for that?
    Kentucky fans love to talk about their history but when you bring up infractions, the comment appears to be "well that was 60 years ago." Personally, I couldn't care less about UK's history good or bad. All that matters is the present and presently they're clean but they also haven't done much since 1998.

Having not read each post here i have to ask.....what does it matter? Is this just a pissing contest here or is there money and or pride on the line?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I try to like Cal... I really do. He's an engaging guy, I think he wants the best for his kids. I learn something new about the game almost everytime I hear him and yet... This is a load of crap...

“It just happens,” Calipari said. “When you take over a program like I just did, do you understand everything was different? New staff, new players, new system, new style, dribble-drive, all that went on. And — you won't believe this — there was a lot thrown at these young men this year, especially that first term.”

http://www.courier-journal.com/artic...r+academically
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I try to like Cal... I really do. He's an engaging guy, I think he wants the best for his kids. I learn something new about the game almost everytime I hear him and yet... This is a load of crap...

http://www.courier-journal.com/artic...r+academically
    No we won't believe that. The guy is a flat out liar/disgrace to the profession. Gotta love how Bobby Knight went right after Cal and the dude couldn't say anything back. The truth hurts.

The best thing about this is the guy will ruin anything good that happens at Kentucky. It's almost like winning doesn't even matter because everyone knows it's not legit.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    [Arguing about Calipari is] kinda like arguing religion and politics. No one is going to change the other's mind. That being said, unless some new information comes to light about what happened at UMass and/or Memphis, let's keep the discussion on "2010 Kentucky Wildcat's Men's Basketball". If some new information does come to light, then it probably will deserve a thread of its own.
    Just to reiterate what I said earlier, if Calipari says or does something new and you want to quote it and discuss it, feel free. If your only contribution to the discussion is to bash, troll, dredge up stuff from UMass/Memphis, and/or make baseless predictions about future problems with the program, then please withhold that contribution. Please and thank you (again).
    Last edited by macro; 05-04-2010 at 08:21 PM.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Bulls are reportedly interested in talking with Cal about their now vacant coaching job. Cal reportedly interested in reuniting with Derek Rose.

Lord help us all.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...aribulls050410

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Bulls are reportedly interested in talking with Cal about their now vacant coaching job. Cal reportedly interested in reuniting with Derek Rose.

Lord help us all.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...aribulls050410
    Thank God for Andy Katz:

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...ested-in-bulls
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?