Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Sure, if the Yanks hadn't been to an ALCS in 12 years. I think UNC is more "Yankee-like", personally.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Yor..._Mattingly_era

2. Turn Off Ads?

This one makes me smile and cry at the same time

Let me tell you a story. My roommate played ball at U of L in the 90's. After the UMass game in 96 I'm waiting by the locker room with the family and friends of players. UMass' entire team walks by us to the bus. The entire team had on UMass warm up suits except one player. Marcus Camby. He had on a very long leather jacket (he's 7 feet) and I bet it was about 1k, a chain with a diamond encrusted 21 emblem that was at least 5k if it wasn't 10k, real gator shoes, designer sweater and jeans, and about a 10k watch.

I'm in the jewelry business so I know what's real and what isn't. This was real. The entire team was in warm ups but Camby. So from the locker room to the bus to the plane and back to UMass Coach Cal had to notice what his star was wearing.

A poor college kid with a wardrobe of around 25k and you don't notice?

Wasn't that NCAA run vacated?

I love this stuff. You just have to laugh. If you can't beat em, call em cheaters.

Is Calipari a choir boy? I sincerely doubt it. But fer goodness sakes give me a break.

Others make generic statements like "if you knew half the things this guy had done over the last ten years...." [paraphrased] Are we really expected to believe that this poster knows the things he's done in the last ten years?

Ridonculous.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Looks like lots of Louisville fans never wanted Teague anyway...

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=17&f=2755&t=5878281

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

And that girl I dated in high school who dumped me was ugly.

That is the worse Louisville message board out there. Every bit as bad as TCP.

You're good people Josh. May you never be lumped in with people like that when you are trying to talk Cards.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    That is the worse Louisville message board out there. Every bit as bad as TCP.
    Which ones are good?

BTW: You are a good egg, Josh. I know this had to hurt today. You are one of the very few UL fans that I like.

Which ones are good?

BTW: You are a good egg, Josh. I know this had to hurt today. You are one of the very few UL fans that I like.
    There have been better days. Now I have to place my hope in the development of Peyton Siva.

No Louisville message board recommendations for me? I'd like to see what the more rational fans are saying...

There have been better days. Now I have to place my hope in the development of Peyton Siva.
    One of the recurring themes I read today was anger that Pitino didn't play Siva at the 1 and Sosa at the 2 and put Jerry on the bench...

You just know that Cal used Siva's lack of PT against Pitino and UL.

I'll second WMR. You are probably one of the few UofL posters that wouldn't be foaming at the mouth right now.

I think if Teague had went to Louisville that Pitino likely would have used him the same way he used Siva this year. If you can play and star as a freshman versus riding the pine the first year (especially with millions of dollars staring you in the face), which are you going to take?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

He mentioned No. 3 Quincy Miller of North Carolina and top-10 prospects Tony Wroten of Seattle and Michael Chandler of Indianapolis. The Wildcats lead for Miller, while Wroten has said on his twitter account that UK is No. 1 on his list. Chandler, who is from Indianapolis Lawrence North, backed off his commitment from Louisville last week and the UK coaches visited the 6-foot-10 center on Wednesday.

"I am focused on going there, winning and getting an education and it is not a big deal for me to be one-and-done," Teague said. "We can do some great things at Kentucky. It’s a nice dynasty if we can get other guys to join on."

http://jodydemling.courier-journal.c...recruiter.html
    Last edited by WMR; 04-23-2010 at 12:24 AM.

1) I've never seen a program recruit like UK is right now. If either Jones or Leslie sign with Kentucky, they'll likely have the top class again this year. (#1 Knight, top 10's Leslie or Jones, and 20-26 Kanter, 20-26 Lamb, and 20-26 Poole) Next year, they've already got the top two prospects (Gilchrist and Teague) and the third (Quincy Miller) has the Cats as his favorite, as do Wroten (a top 10-15 pick) Amir Williams, and a couple others in that 15-25 range. That should make it three top classes in a row.

I understand they're hot. If you're a kid, what's not to love? The coach is getting plenty of air time all over the place and has just enough of a questionable character as to be interesting, rather than old-school. The whole Nike/ LeBron celeb love thing cannot be overstated. Neither can the DDMO, as kids think it's been put in place to allow them to showcase their talents. The facilities are awesome, the winning, and the fans are nuts, all postives when being recruited. Most importantly, the lure of high NBA draft slots, as shown not just by Cal PGs, but by this year's class.
    Am I just misremembering recruiting classes? UNC has always been able to recruit, but not at this level. And they had both Jordan and the Dean Smith mystique. Same thing with K and the whole "student-athlete" thing at Duke. The closest I've seen at this is Wooden at UCLA in the 60's and 70's.

2) I've been all over the net, gauging reaction to the Teague signing and have never, ever seen a fanbase lose it as quickly and completely as Cardinal fans. Meltdown doesn't do it justice.

I can get the whole Cal-is-a-cheater-and-pays-his-players-because-no-one-would-come-to-Kentucky-willingly thing, as that's just what rivalries begat. I also get the Cal-has-vacated-two-Final-Fours thing, though that's been rehashed so much as to perhaps finally be quieted down.

But some of this stuff is bizarre. Some are calling Teague a traitor (and much, much worse). Others are convinced ESPN and the NCAA is behind this whole affair. Others say LeBron James and Nike are somehow to blame. (James called Teague about Cal and Nike offered millions or something.) Still others say World Wide Wes is the man with the smoking gun (or thousands of dollars, as it were), despite the fact that Teague isn't allied at all with WWW nor have they ever been. Others are seriously hostile at Dad, uncle, and former assistant coach, as each was a Pitino disciple who apparently didn't show enough loyalty to the man.

Has another program become this unhinged during a recruiting battle? Losing a coach? Okay, perhaps. NCAA infractions? I get it. A transfer, even, makes a bit of sense. But recruiting?

Wow.

(This does help support my contention that WKU fans are not only the most intelligent and attractive basketball fans in the state, but the most grounded and realistic as well.

I think Kanter is a top 10 player in the 2010 class.

He's an unknown to most, but the kid can friggin' BALL.

Dave Kersey, whose opinion I really respect, said he thinks Kanter will have as big an impact his freshman year as Cousins did in his.

BTW: Lamb, Knight, and Kanter?? All AWESOME FT shooters.

Turn Off Ads?