Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Just how much fun are you guys having watching these kids play ball? This season, to this point, has been an absolute joy to watch and cheer on.
    Just like night and day from the last four years. Really more like 10 years. After Tubby's first two years his teams played ugly for the most part. Some of those years they won big so I didn't mind it so much. But it could be rather boring to watch. I'm just sitting back and enjoying this season. I've been around long enough to know these types of seasons don't come around that often. I hope all UK fans will just sit back and enjoy the ride while it lasts.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Don't forget the 02-03 team. They were solid in about every part of the game and fun to watch. Definitely having fun with this team though.

Quote Originally Posted by HBP View Post
    Don't forget the 02-03 team. They were solid in about every part of the game and fun to watch. Definitely having fun with this team though.
    I agree his 02-03 and 03-04 teams were good to watch and the 04-05 was pretty good too. But the three in before that and his last two were just boring to watch. The last two just didn't have the talent either.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I'd really like to see Texas and Kentucky play, maybe in the championship. Both teams are damn good and fun to watch.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Texas is definitely one team that could matchup with the inside-out combinations that UK can run at you (Wall-Patterson).

It would shape up to be a good battle.

Coach Cal and the Wildcats raised over one million dollars for the Haitian relief fund during their telefund today. Incredible work by those guys.

There was a game yesterday.

I know some people might throw me under the bus for this, but I am starting to hope UK loses a game sometime this season. As nice as perfection would be, there is absolutely no "killer instinct" on this team.

I realize the last two games were on the road, but this is twice that we have seen UK build a 20 point lead and squander it. Eventually a more seasoned SEC team is going to come back, take the lead, and not give it up and pull off the upset.

I would rather they lose a game in January or February than go undefeated and then lose in March.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    There was a game yesterday.

I know some people might throw me under the bus for this, but I am starting to hope UK loses a game sometime this season. As nice as perfection would be, there is absolutely no "killer instinct" on this team.

I realize the last two games were on the road, but this is twice that we have seen UK build a 20 point lead and squander it. Eventually a more seasoned SEC team is going to come back, take the lead, and not give it up and pull off the upset.

I would rather they lose a game in January or February than go undefeated and then lose in March.
    I'm not hoping they lose at all. I still think anytime you lose a game it chips away at your confidence. But if they keep blowing leads like they have the last two games it will be inevitable that they lose. You can't keep doing that and expect to keep winning.
    And then there was one. UK is the last undefeated team in D-1 basketball. Texas lost to Kansas State last night.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Going to be fun to see that little #1 next to UK's name again. Just take care of Arkansas.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I'm not hoping they lose at all. I still think anytime you lose a game it chips away at your confidence. But if they keep blowing leads like they have the last two games it will be inevitable that they lose. You can't keep doing that and expect to keep winning.
    And then there was one. UK is the last undefeated team in D-1 basketball. Texas lost to Kansas State last night.
    If you keep losing games then I would agree. I've said that every game from here on out outside of Tennessee in Knoxville is a trap game. They are games that we should win, but could get complacent. A loss wouldn't hurt them in the seeding but I think it would serve them better come March, especially if it is somebody that they had down by 15 or so.

It feels so good to be back...

I watched the second half of the K-State Texas game last night. Frank Martin's team did a great job shutting down Dexter Pittman and Damian James. Pittman and Avery Bradley played with foul trouble the whole second half. Texas is the only team IMO with the depth to match Kentucky.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Texas is the only team IMO with the depth to match Kentucky.
    This is an honest question: is Kentucky considered deep? Not that it is a problem, but it seems that Cal rides his four stars and there is a significant drop-off after them. Orton might provide defensive depth but he is very raw offensively. That being said, Louisville is considered deep but I'd trade our ten for your four any day.

All good bench players:

Liggins
    Dodson
    Harris
    Orton

Stevenson... seasoned big (played well with big minutes last season)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Coach Cal and the Wildcats raised over one million dollars for the Haitian relief fund during their telefund today. Incredible work by those guys.
    Calipari, UK score with ‘Hoops for Haiti’

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...yhoo&type=lgns

VERY impressive win today.

I'm hoping today is a confidence booster for Darius Miller. I've always said he has been the most timid player and a lot of that had to do with Billy the Clyde. He showed today he could be a pretty good deep threat and led UK with 18 points.

I'm really starting to think the whole attitude flap with Cousins isn't working. He got two teeth knocked out and still kept his composure. I know teams are going to take it to him to get him to go off and get kicked out of the game, but I am starting to wonder if and when his whole "attitude" scare is going to disappear.

If Darius can continue shooting the ball like he has been the past couple games, the Cats can beat anybody.

Cal was right, they would've smoked anybody in the country on Saturday.

Turn Off Ads?