Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Let's get this new thread started off right today.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Regarding something you said on the other thread, Pearl has not been afraid to run guys off. Duke Crews, Ramar Smith, and Wayne Chism come to mind.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Regarding something you said on the other thread, Pearl has not been afraid to run guys off. Duke Crews, Ramar Smith, and Wayne Chism come to mind.
    I know that and I agree. Like I said, I'll be watching with some interest what is done with Tyler Smith.

With UT, however, the problem seems to be endemic to the athletic department.

Pearl has done a great job kicking players off the team after screwing up. (Moreso, I'd guess, than any coach in America, in fact.) The question is why do his players continually screw up? Is it that he eschews character when recruiting? And does character really matter?

Six fouls in the first 45 seconds, and an unsportsmanlike technical on Cousins (already 2) for an elbow that he should have been kicked out for. Unreal.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Ugly game. UofL can't buy a basket in the half court and UK is having similar struggles on their end. I thought this game was going to be especially memorable (in a bad way) at the beginning with Cousins showing his immaturity but they've all calmed down. And I don't get all of the commentary about throwing him out of the game. I've never seen a player thrown out of a game for something like that.

The end of that first half could be huge for Louisville.

Retired

17% shooting for Louisville? Good lord that's bad.

John Wall is an unstoppable force of nature.

Now looks like Wall is suffering from muscle cramps.

Wall back in.

18 points and 18 rebounds for DeMarcus Cousins.

If you check out the other angle, Cuz doesn't hit him with an elbow.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Ugly game. UofL can't buy a basket in the half court and UK is having similar struggles on their end. I thought this game was going to be especially memorable (in a bad way) at the beginning with Cousins showing his immaturity but they've all calmed down. And I don't get all of the commentary about throwing him out of the game. I've never seen a player thrown out of a game for something like that.
    CBS is the only ones throwing a fit over it. I turned it on SportsCenter after the game and it was shown but barely mentioned.

What I am more interested in is what happened with Eric Bledsoe and Reginald Delk eight seconds into the game. Bledsoe is the opposite of Cousins and is a lot more mild mannered. Don't really know what was said that Cal had to pull him out that quick.

As for Cousins, and I can say this given we had Slick Rick before you guys, that was Pitino's gameplan going in was to try to get Cousins to lose his temper and get him to go off and get tossed. It almost worked, but Cousins tore Louisville up something fierce. Had Cousins been tossed, I would venture to say Kentucky likely would have lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Very satisfying victory. Louisville took UK out of their comfort zone a number of times, but UK was still able to ultimately prevail. This is a great lesson game for Kentucky.

Turn Off Ads?