Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Awesome game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Great game! A win that should pay huge dividends come tourney time.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I would absolutely LOVE this bracket. From Bracketology:

I think Wisconsin would beat Kansas St and we have the athleticism to top New Mexico, Wake, and Wisconsin.
    UK will never get a bracket this easy. I guarantee you that UL will be a 8/9 seed and be paired with UK. CBS loves matchups like this and I think they play a bigger part in the pairings than most of us want to believe.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    UK will never get a bracket this easy. I guarantee you that UL will be a 8/9 seed and be paired with UK. CBS loves matchups like this and I think they play a bigger part in the pairings than most of us want to believe.
    Don't they try to avoid rematches in the first two rounds? I think most Louisville fans would love this match up. While it would be a tough game, the chance to ruin UK's run would out-weigh Louisville's small chance of winning. However, if this does happen I would fully expect Louisville to lose in the 8/9 game.

There were some pretty good beverages thrown onto the court last night.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Don't they try to avoid rematches in the first two rounds? I think most Louisville fans would love this match up. While it would be a tough game, the chance to ruin UK's run would out-weigh Louisville's small chance of winning. However, if this does happen I would fully expect Louisville to lose in the 8/9 game.
    They may do that but a rematch of Calipari vs Pitino in an NCAA Tournament game would be too much to pass up.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

They may do that but a rematch of Calipari vs Pitino in an NCAA Tournament game would be too much to pass up.
    I think you will see a Kentucky-Oklahoma State matchup in the tournament. Travis Ford and Matt Pilgrim going against the Cats.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Any team would lose if their opponent made 15 threes.
    I think his point was that MSU would either live or die by trying to bomb 3s on UK.

In other words, there was not going to be any gimmicks or deception about what they had in store for the Cats (e.g. the 3-2 zone that was trotted out by Tennessee last Saturday).

Where are the Ohio State and Purdue basketball threads. I would think there would be a lot of alumni from those two schools on this board, and certainly a lot more fans of Ohio State than of Kentucky.

I think I found what Josh has been listening to while cruising around The Ville.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XTYr...layer_embedded

John Clay of the LHL did a mock session with others for the NCAA selection process. Intersting article. He did say in it that the NCAA does try to avoid rematches of regular season games or from last years NCAA tournament.

http://www.kentucky.com/838/story/1146327.html
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Where are the Ohio State and Purdue basketball threads. I would think there would be a lot of alumni from those two schools on this board, and certainly a lot more fans of Ohio State than of Kentucky.
    Feel free to start one.

Ohio State fans start to creep up during football season. I think there are more UC and IU fans than Ohio St and Purdue, just by looking at the threads.

For the record though, there are a lot of Reds fans in Kentucky. It's actually just across the river from Cincinnati.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

John Clay of the LHL did a mock session with others for the NCAA selection process. Intersting article. He did say in it that the NCAA does try to avoid rematches of regular season games or from last years NCAA tournament.

http://www.kentucky.com/838/story/1146327.html
    I was going to post that very same article when I got home from work today...

Very intriguing read, IMO.

Matt Jones, Drew Franklin, Thomas Beisner, and Tomlin of KSR are doing a cross country road trip and blogging about their experiences via CBS. For some odd reason, I kinda get the feeling this is like "The Hangover" of college basketball.

Throw some girls into the mix and Matt Jones might be doing a Tucker Max impersonation.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/view/20091884

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Not to mention OSU is a football school.

If I had to wager though, I'd bet there are more UK fans who are Reds fans than there are OSU fans who are Reds fans. May be a skewed perspective however I do admit.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?