Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    As for Cousins, and I can say this given we had Slick Rick before you guys, that was Pitino's gameplan going in was to try to get Cousins to lose his temper and get him to go off and get tossed. It almost worked, but Cousins tore Louisville up something fierce. Had Cousins been tossed, I would venture to say Kentucky likely would have lost.
    This is going to be the game plan for every coach facing UK this year. Cousins is one of the best big men in the country but he is also the most immature and volatile.

Kentucky played a great game and, as much as Wall gets the hype, the trio of Cousins, Patterson, and Orton will be the ones to deliver a memorable season for the Cats. UofL is very solid and deep at those positions but they still struggled to hold all three down.

On a UofL note, if the Cards can learn from that second half and play that way in the Big East they'll quickly make fans forget the early losses.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Its a shame UK wasn't hitting on all cylinders in this game. With UL playing out of sorts like that this game could have been one of those blowouts that would have been so nice for UK to get at this stage of the season prior to going into SEC play.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

As for Cousins, and I can say this given we had Slick Rick before you guys, that was Pitino's gameplan going in was to try to get Cousins to lose his temper and get him to go off and get tossed.
    In 45 seconds? Pitino must be a damned strategic genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Its a shame UK wasn't hitting on all cylinders in this game. With UL playing out of sorts like that this game could have been one of those blowouts that would have been so nice for UK to get at this stage of the season prior to going into SEC play.
    What a difference a year makes.

Cousins plays with a lot of emotion, but I'm not sure how you can say he is the most immature and volatile?

I agree he has some growing up to do, but I don't think he is THAT bad, or one of the worst guys in college.

I think Cousins plays with a chip on his shoulder and is extremely immature. Those two combined makes him an easy target for opposing teams. Pitino knew that and his team took a couple shots at the guy to see if he lost his temper. He did. If I were UofL's coach, I'd have immediately put Buckles in and cheap shotted him some more to get him out of the game permanently.

His own actions and reactions (Hands up, eyes wide, half smile and incredulous look) make him perhaps the most likely in college basketball to get T'd up (and deserve it).

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Nah, Cousins is that mental. Physically, he may be as good a pro prospect as Wall. Mentally, he is on par with the 6th graders I watched this morning.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    From reports, this all started ( both teams jawing ) in the tunnel and continued in warm-ups so it went deeper than the first 45 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    What a difference a year makes.
    Amen to that brother man.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Nah, Cousins is that mental. Physically, he may be as good a pro prospect as Wall. Mentally, he is on par with the 6th graders I watched this morning.
    That's pretty much how I see him too. Guy is an amazing talent but he's very immature. If I were a UK fan, I wouldn't worry much about it though. The guy is going to be a force inside in SEC play.

In that video, Cousins deserved the T for the forearm to the face, but it didn't look as bad as the one on CBS, where it seemed as if he elbowed Swopshire right upside the head.

My guess is Cousins will get kicked out of at least one SEC game this year for taking a swing/ cheap shot at an opponent. At least one. I would have bet UGA, but Felton is no longer there and they may not be as focused on being tough as before. (UT at Thompson is one, as could be Vandy at the Opera House.)

Off the subject of the game, can someone explain to me NCAA regulations regarding early entry players? I know, its like explaining nuclear science [to an idiot at that] but maybe someone can give me some general guidelines on it.

If Wall and Cousins leave early [both of which I expect] will UK be short two scholarships for their remaining 3 years of eligibility...ie until they should have graduated? Or is it just that they are gone so there are two scholarships open?

Those two scholarships would then be open and available to any Calipari deems worthy of a free education.

I bring the video.
    I would have to say...that clip personifies the word 'Rivalry' quite nicely.

I need to make friends with whoever filmed that clip. Did you see those seats?

Holy Cow.

Turn Off Ads?