Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    I would have to say...that clip personifies the word 'Rivalry' quite nicely.

I need to make friends with whoever filmed that clip. Did you see those seats?

Holy Cow.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It's a completely different experience sitting down there in a game like that.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    I would have to say...that clip personifies the word 'Rivalry' quite nicely.
    It's nice to have a little extra heat to the rivalry. I've followed both teams since the 90s and this is the first time I can remember where the enmity between the teams matched the hatred between the fans. It certainly helps that the coaches are very similar to one another and, for whatever reason, feel a cordial dislike toward each other. It also helps that Kentucky has a great team and the Louisville players feel they have something to prove. From all reports the jawing and discord started shortly after the teams put on their jerseys, continued in the tunnel and during the anthem, and boiled over one minute into the game. You know its tense when Swopshire and Delk, two of the meekest players on the team, both pick up quick technicals.

Anyway, while it wasn't a well-played game it was certainly a terrific rivalry game.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    In that video, Cousins deserved the T for the forearm to the face, but it didn't look as bad as the one on CBS, where it seemed as if he elbowed Swopshire right upside the head.

My guess is Cousins will get kicked out of at least one SEC game this year for taking a swing/ cheap shot at an opponent. At least one. I would have bet UGA, but Felton is no longer there and they may not be as focused on being tough as before. (UT at Thompson is one, as could be Vandy at the Opera House.)
    At the 16-17 sec. mark on the youtube clip Cousins takes a knee to the left cheek....I would have delivered a forearm as well.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Now looks like Wall is suffering from muscle cramps.
    Jason Melon "It's probably menstrual"
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    It's nice to have a little extra heat to the rivalry. I've followed both teams since the 90s and this is the first time I can remember where the enmity between the teams matched the hatred between the fans. It certainly helps that the coaches are very similar to one another and, for whatever reason, feel a cordial dislike toward each other. It also helps that Kentucky has a great team and the Louisville players feel they have something to prove. From all reports the jawing and discord started shortly after the teams put on their jerseys, continued in the tunnel and during the anthem, and boiled over one minute into the game. You know its tense when Swopshire and Delk, two of the meekest players on the team, both pick up quick technicals.

Anyway, while it wasn't a well-played game it was certainly a terrific rivalry game.
    Same goes for Eric Bledsoe of Kentucky.

I've learned to never call predictions on rivalry games, unless one team is just completely overmatched. A lot of people on KSR were predicting Kentucky would win by at least 20. I'm sure a lot of Louisville fans thought the same thing last season when it took a three by Sosa to win it.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

MM posted that U of L players refused to give handshakes before the game. Then Smith intentionally came across court and bumped into Cuz, on two occasions. If you watch the clip where Bledsoe/Delk get into it when Bledsoe is called for the foul... read Cal's lips. He yells something at Delk, to the effect of you are messing w/ the wrong guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    MM posted that U of L players refused to give handshakes before the game. Then Smith intentionally came across court and bumped into Cuz, on two occasions. If you watch the clip where Bledsoe/Delk get into it when Bledsoe is called for the foul... read Cal's lips. He yells something at Delk, to the effect of you are messing w/ the wrong guy.
    Hmmm, I wonder if Maggard might have a bias. Both teams came out on edge and both were at fault. UofL certainly had a bigger hand in starting this (although UK certainly poked a finger in their eye when they were disrespectful at Freedom Hall) but UK was running their mouths as well. Honestly, you've watched Cousins play all year. Do you think he is completely innocent in all this?

BTW, Calipari yelling at Delk was pretty childish. This stuff happens all the time and the coaches need to focus on their players not those on the other team.

Apparently, one of the local sports anchors (Mary Jo Perino) was in the tunnel before the game and Tweeted that the Louisville players were dropping some really nasty chants on the UK players.

Something to the effect of "We are bad M-Fers..."

When you start the game 1-19 in FG, how could you argue with their claims?
    Last edited by Blimpie; 01-04-2010 at 07:43 PM.

Did Bledsoe kick Delk's ass after the game?

He tried. But Calipari beat him to it. Of course, at the same time, Pitino was seen across town with Coach Cal's daughter and wife, so who's to say that wasn't planned, eh?

Can we please get back to basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Hmmm, I wonder if Maggard might have a bias. Both teams came out on edge and both were at fault. UofL certainly had a bigger hand in starting this (although UK certainly poked a finger in their eye when they were disrespectful at Freedom Hall) but UK was running their mouths as well. Honestly, you've watched Cousins play all year. Do you think he is completely innocent in all this?

BTW, Calipari yelling at Delk was pretty childish. This stuff happens all the time and the coaches need to focus on their players not those on the other team.
    Dunno. I have a few adjectives for MM but none for Redszone. I read TBK for a few insider stuff that is given free... and for recruiting news/updates. He really drives me nuts.

I don't think what UofL players did (if they did what was reported) is really THAT bad, although it helps the game make a little more sense. I don't see any teams being that intense just due to rivalry (most of the rivalry is b/t the fans anyways) without a little pre-game jawing.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Did Bledsoe kick Delk's ass after the game?
    No, but Uncle Tony did.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

As for Tennessee, check this out at the 54 second mark. Bruce Pearl stuck his foot in his mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pms75...layer_embedded
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    As for Tennessee, check this out at the 54 second mark. Bruce Pearl stuck his foot in his mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pms75...layer_embedded
    That is great. "We've got weapons, we still have got weapons..." LOL.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?