Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

I hope Cal continues to recruit the best prospects.

I think the only reason Bledsoe/Orton are most likely getting enough exposure to leave is because of all the Wall hype, and later on the hype for Cousins. There was a ton of NBA talent on this past team.

If you replace Wall with another PG on this team, I don't think there is enough exposure or wins for Orton/Bledsoe to even dream about declaring.

What I mean, is that if we lose the big three along with Orton/Bledsoe/Dodson, plus the seniors (Harris/Stevenson). Then land Brandon Knight, Stacey Poole, Enes Kanter, Terrence Jones, and CJ Leslie.

Knight - Liggins
    Liggins - Miller - Hood
    Miller - Leslie - Poole
    Jones - Leslie - Harrelson
    Kanter - Harrelson - Jones?/walk on

I don't really see any of these guys being for sure one and done players. Then the next year if we could land Gilchrist, Miller, and two other solid recruits...

Knight(So) - Liggins (Sr)
    Liggins(Sr) - D. Miller (Sr) Hood (Jr)
    Gilchrist (Fr) - Leslie (So) - Poole (So) (D.Miller Sr)
    Jones (So) - Q. Miller (Fr) - Leslie (So)
    Kanter (So) - other recruit

DMiller/Liggins would be the only senior leadership, but at least the Sophomore class will be a little more seasoned than having all Freshmen.

The point is... if we keep landing insane recruits it will force guys like Leslie, Poole, Q. Miller or T. Jones into staying 2-3 years, maybe even 4.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Rooting for UK has turned into playing the stock market
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Jerry Meyer now reporting that he thinks Teague ends up at UK and that UK is now leading for Teague. Hold onto your butts. The next couple weeks will be crazy.

Players leaving, players committing, a couple new mystery names possibly entering the picture.....

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Dexter Strickland never played point guard. He was supposed to play it his senior year after playing the two previous years at the 2 but then Kyrie Irving transferred in and he played point and Strickland stayed at the 2.
    I just remember Scout's rankings early on had him listed ahead of John Wall. He dipped somewhat, but I think Wall took off as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

All five have reportedly declared, per KSR.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    All five have reportedly declared, per KSR.
    Is that a record?

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Austin Rivers, son of Doc Rivers and a top PG/SG for the class of 2011, has decommitted from Florida. Is probably going to Duke but could be a good fallback option for UK if Teague ends up in Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Is that a record?
    Goes to prove that Kentucky literally fielded an NBA team this year. I don't think another team can claim that including Duke. Don't know how such a talented team couldn't make it to the Final Four but in a single elimination tourney like the NCAAs anything can happen

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Goes to prove that Kentucky literally fielded an NBA team this year. I don't think another team can claim that including Duke. Don't know how such a talented team couldn't make it to the Final Four but in a single elimination tourney like the NCAAs anything can happen
    Assuming they all stick in the league, the four freshmen will be three-year NBA veterans three years from now, with perhaps some all-star appearances and playoff wins under their collective belts. Imagine if those same four players were seniors at UK three years from now.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Is that a record?
    yes, no team has had 5 players drafted in the 1st round. All 5 are pretty much locks for being 1st round picks.

I can't blame them. With the signing bonus, shoe contract, and a 3 year guaranteed contract you are pretty much assured of 3-6 million depending on where you go in the draft. Then if you are still around, after 3 years, you get the big money....Rondo says $$ Hi $$

Other than Patterson, all of these kids are poor. Imagine never having the money to buy your mother something nice for christmas, or Mother's Day? Why take the chance of getting hurt, or having a bad college season and dropping out of the 1st round and guaranteed money.

Bobby Knight can complain about these players all he wants to, but he has never been in that situation in his life, he can't relate, he's never been poor. I dare say that if all of the Kentucky kids had flat tops and was coached by coach K he would not be saying a word about "one and doners."
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Other than Patterson, all of these kids are poor.
    How did Orton pay for a summer of training in San Francisco last year?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

They're not poor after playing for Cal.

Daniel isn't poor, Demarcus isn't poor, and neither is John.

Eric is the only one of the freshmen who comes from a "poor" family.

That's not really important, though, in this instance. If you are projected as a first rounder, I totally understand deciding to leave. Some kids choose not to, and that is great, but you can't really fault a kid for leaving if he's told he'll be taken in the first.

I think Eric and Daniel could both increase the likelihood that they have long and productive NBA careers by staying at least one more year, but it is their decision to make and no one else.
    Last edited by WMR; 04-09-2010 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    They're not poor after playing for Cal.
    I'm sure you've got some proof.

You wouldn't come in this thread and make HIGHLY disparaging comments about a bunch of 19 year old kids (if Cal is dirty, so are they) without some sort of proof.

Surely no one would make such an ass of themselves without some real solid evidence that Eric Bledsoe, John Wall, Demarcus Cousins, and/or Daniel Orton received cash payments from Cal. They ARE real people, in case you've forgotten. Hopefully you'll think before typing such slanderous, libelous comments on a public forum again.
    Last edited by WMR; 04-09-2010 at 05:31 AM.

Attention UK fans. Clue me in on something.

There have been some rumors swirling that Jon Hood and/or Darius Miller may be considering a transfer to Xavier. Can anyone (a) weigh in on whether these players are likely to transfer, and (b) what kind of players we're talking about here? I figured I'd consult the UK gurus on this site in addition to performing my own research.

Turn Off Ads?