Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
Results 586 to 600 of 1000

Thread: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

  1. #586
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3,736

    Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    How did Orton pay for a summer of training in San Francisco last year?
    Like WMR said, Orton isn't "poor".... but I don't think it would be that difficult to get a loan for something like that.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #587
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

    Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    Attention UK fans. Clue me in on something.

    There have been some rumors swirling that Jon Hood and/or Darius Miller may be considering a transfer to Xavier. Can anyone (a) weigh in on whether these players are likely to transfer, and (b) what kind of players we're talking about here? I figured I'd consult the UK gurus on this site in addition to performing my own research.
    I haven't heard anything about Darius Miller. He is a sophomore as well, so I can't imagine him sitting out and transferring just to play one season unless there is something going on with Cal. There had been rumors about Hood, but his dad came out and said Hood wasn't going anywhere.

    Miller is wildly inconsistent. One game he will put up solid numbers (against Wake) and the next he disappears. He is one of UK's better defenders. I think the inconsistency is attributed to his reluctance to take over and score, something that may have to do with the former regime.

    Hood was a good shooter coming out of high school, but hasn't got much playing time considering who is in front of him, and the playing time he has got he has been beat by his man. He just needs to learn from his freshman mistakes. He is a "true" freshman.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  4. #588
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,132

    Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Like WMR said, Orton isn't "poor".... but I don't think it would be that difficult to get a loan for something like that.
    It also depends on where the training is. I'm guessing it was at Pete Newell's camp? Sometimes players can get scholarships because the camp sees a value in having a soon to be high draft pick in camp.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

  5. #589
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3,736

    Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

    Hood just isn't very good right now. Athletically he can't really compete. He'll be a decent/solid player his Junior year... and I could see him being a good player for us his senior year.

  6. #590
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

    As of right now neither Hood nor Miller have any plans to transfer.

    Miller's case is pretty obvious. He'll be a major component of the team next season. Why in the world would he give that up to sit out a year? Add in that he's a Kentucky Mr. Basketball... it just isn't very plausible.

    Hood is determined to eventually make an impact at Kentucky and I think he will be a vital 4 year player for us, beginning his junior season. He could also make a huge leap over the summer and be a different player in the fall. Just got to wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  7. #591
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,316

    Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

    Thanks for the info. You never know what to believe with these pre-Calipari guys since Cal could easily recruit over them with a Top 10 kid.

    For what it's worth, no one I've talked to with XU contacts could confirm these rumors.

  8. #592
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3,736

    Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Hood is determined to eventually make an impact at Kentucky and I think he will be a vital 4 year player for us, beginning his junior season. He could also make a huge leap over the summer and be a different player in the fall. Just got to wait and see.
    Pretty much how I feel. What do you think his upside will be? I was really excited how him coming into this past season, but was a little disappointed. I was expecting a poor man's Reddick or similar to it. After this season, I don't see it.

    With his athleticism and defense that will tie into it, I only see him being able to play 10-15 minutes max. I think I can see him in his 3rd or 4th year as a guy that comes off the bench to keep the zone defenses at bay.

  9. #593
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

    Rick Bozich- "Two rival coaches say they expect Calipari to get an oral commitment from Teague"
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  10. #594
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

    Brandon Knight to announce on Wednesday at 4 PM on ESPNU.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  11. #595
    part of BBN jmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

    This article came out a short time ago.

    LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) -Kentucky forward Patrick Patterson says he hasn't necessarily closed the book on his college career, even though the school announced he was going pro.

    "I'm half in and half out right now,'' Patterson said in an interview with The Associated Press Saturday while he was watching horse races at Keeneland.

    Patterson called the decision on whether to leave or stay for a senior season "a tie,'' adding that he hasn't signed the paperwork to enter the NBA draft so "technically I haven't declared.''

    He said he was weighing several things, including the talent level of next season's Kentucky team and the possibility of an NBA lockout. Coach John Calipari has encouraged him to return to Kentucky, Patterson said, although he believes he is ready to play at the next level.

  12. #596
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Pretty much how I feel. What do you think his upside will be? I was really excited how him coming into this past season, but was a little disappointed. I was expecting a poor man's Reddick or similar to it. After this season, I don't see it.

    With his athleticism and defense that will tie into it, I only see him being able to play 10-15 minutes max. I think I can see him in his 3rd or 4th year as a guy that comes off the bench to keep the zone defenses at bay.
    I really don't know... I DO know that he better be utilizing this summer to the fullest extent possible because he's going to be competing with studs for playing time as long as he is at UK.

    I could see him being a 20+ min/game guy as a JR and SR IF he continues to progress... the ball is in Jon's court.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  13. #597
    Just The Big Picture macro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The Bluegrass State
    Posts
    6,150

    Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

    Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    This article came out a short time ago.

    LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) -Kentucky forward Patrick Patterson says he hasn't necessarily closed the book on his college career, even though the school announced he was going pro.

    "I'm half in and half out right now,'' Patterson said in an interview with The Associated Press Saturday while he was watching horse races at Keeneland.

    Patterson called the decision on whether to leave or stay for a senior season "a tie,'' adding that he hasn't signed the paperwork to enter the NBA draft so "technically I haven't declared.''

    He said he was weighing several things, including the talent level of next season's Kentucky team and the possibility of an NBA lockout. Coach John Calipari has encouraged him to return to Kentucky, Patterson said, although he believes he is ready to play at the next level.
    Okay, I'm confused. I thought the possibility of a lockout in 2011 was supposed to be motivating players to go ahead and declare this season instead of waiting until next. That logic also indicated that the college freshmen of the upcoming season might end up staying in school for two years because of the 2011 lockout.

    This seems to be indicating that the lockout could motivate Patterson to wait. I'm too tired to dig around online and figure it out.


    Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

  14. #598
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,418

    Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

    Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Okay, I'm confused. I thought the possibility of a lockout in 2011 was supposed to be motivating players to go ahead and declare this season instead of waiting until next. That logic also indicated that the college freshmen of the upcoming season might end up staying in school for two years because of the 2011 lockout.

    This seems to be indicating that the lockout could motivate Patterson to wait. I'm too tired to dig around online and figure it out.

    I read it that a potential lockout is one of the things he's weighing, not one of the reasons he'd consider staying.

    Interesting that Cal is encouraging him to come back.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  15. #599
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,267

    Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I'm sure you've got some proof.

    You wouldn't come in this thread and make HIGHLY disparaging comments about a bunch of 19 year old kids (if Cal is dirty, so are they) without some sort of proof.

    Surely no one would make such an ass of themselves without some real solid evidence that Eric Bledsoe, John Wall, Demarcus Cousins, and/or Daniel Orton received cash payments from Cal. They ARE real people, in case you've forgotten. Hopefully you'll think before typing such slanderous, libelous comments on a public forum again.
    Sure I can, I believe I just did. It was really easy, in fact.

    Sorry, anybody who takes that post "as slanderous and libelous" instead of pretty much tongue in cheek needs a serious dose of relaxation. There was very little sincerity in my my book.

    Now, if you want to get serious, attending college for one year while playing for a proven two time cheater makes you dirty in my book. Not that it matters to any of them anyway. They got their year of college ball in, and now they are going to the pros.
    Last edited by reds44; 04-11-2010 at 04:35 AM.

  16. #600
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,591

    Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

    NM


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25