Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    How did Orton pay for a summer of training in San Francisco last year?
    Like WMR said, Orton isn't "poor".... but I don't think it would be that difficult to get a loan for something like that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    Attention UK fans. Clue me in on something.

There have been some rumors swirling that Jon Hood and/or Darius Miller may be considering a transfer to Xavier. Can anyone (a) weigh in on whether these players are likely to transfer, and (b) what kind of players we're talking about here? I figured I'd consult the UK gurus on this site in addition to performing my own research.
    I haven't heard anything about Darius Miller. He is a sophomore as well, so I can't imagine him sitting out and transferring just to play one season unless there is something going on with Cal. There had been rumors about Hood, but his dad came out and said Hood wasn't going anywhere.

Miller is wildly inconsistent. One game he will put up solid numbers (against Wake) and the next he disappears. He is one of UK's better defenders. I think the inconsistency is attributed to his reluctance to take over and score, something that may have to do with the former regime.

Hood was a good shooter coming out of high school, but hasn't got much playing time considering who is in front of him, and the playing time he has got he has been beat by his man. He just needs to learn from his freshman mistakes. He is a "true" freshman.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Like WMR said, Orton isn't "poor".... but I don't think it would be that difficult to get a loan for something like that.
    It also depends on where the training is. I'm guessing it was at Pete Newell's camp? Sometimes players can get scholarships because the camp sees a value in having a soon to be high draft pick in camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Hood just isn't very good right now. Athletically he can't really compete. He'll be a decent/solid player his Junior year... and I could see him being a good player for us his senior year.

As of right now neither Hood nor Miller have any plans to transfer.

Miller's case is pretty obvious. He'll be a major component of the team next season. Why in the world would he give that up to sit out a year? Add in that he's a Kentucky Mr. Basketball... it just isn't very plausible.

Hood is determined to eventually make an impact at Kentucky and I think he will be a vital 4 year player for us, beginning his junior season. He could also make a huge leap over the summer and be a different player in the fall. Just got to wait and see.

Thanks for the info. You never know what to believe with these pre-Calipari guys since Cal could easily recruit over them with a Top 10 kid.

For what it's worth, no one I've talked to with XU contacts could confirm these rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Hood is determined to eventually make an impact at Kentucky and I think he will be a vital 4 year player for us, beginning his junior season. He could also make a huge leap over the summer and be a different player in the fall. Just got to wait and see.
    Pretty much how I feel. What do you think his upside will be? I was really excited how him coming into this past season, but was a little disappointed. I was expecting a poor man's Reddick or similar to it. After this season, I don't see it.

With his athleticism and defense that will tie into it, I only see him being able to play 10-15 minutes max. I think I can see him in his 3rd or 4th year as a guy that comes off the bench to keep the zone defenses at bay.

Rick Bozich- "Two rival coaches say they expect Calipari to get an oral commitment from Teague"

Brandon Knight to announce on Wednesday at 4 PM on ESPNU.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

part of BBN

This article came out a short time ago.

LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) -Kentucky forward Patrick Patterson says he hasn't necessarily closed the book on his college career, even though the school announced he was going pro.

"I'm half in and half out right now,'' Patterson said in an interview with The Associated Press Saturday while he was watching horse races at Keeneland.

Patterson called the decision on whether to leave or stay for a senior season "a tie,'' adding that he hasn't signed the paperwork to enter the NBA draft so "technically I haven't declared.''

He said he was weighing several things, including the talent level of next season's Kentucky team and the possibility of an NBA lockout. Coach John Calipari has encouraged him to return to Kentucky, Patterson said, although he believes he is ready to play at the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Pretty much how I feel. What do you think his upside will be? I was really excited how him coming into this past season, but was a little disappointed. I was expecting a poor man's Reddick or similar to it. After this season, I don't see it.

With his athleticism and defense that will tie into it, I only see him being able to play 10-15 minutes max. I think I can see him in his 3rd or 4th year as a guy that comes off the bench to keep the zone defenses at bay.
    I really don't know... I DO know that he better be utilizing this summer to the fullest extent possible because he's going to be competing with studs for playing time as long as he is at UK.

I could see him being a 20+ min/game guy as a JR and SR IF he continues to progress... the ball is in Jon's court.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    This article came out a short time ago.

LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) -Kentucky forward Patrick Patterson says he hasn't necessarily closed the book on his college career, even though the school announced he was going pro.

"I'm half in and half out right now,'' Patterson said in an interview with The Associated Press Saturday while he was watching horse races at Keeneland.

Patterson called the decision on whether to leave or stay for a senior season "a tie,'' adding that he hasn't signed the paperwork to enter the NBA draft so "technically I haven't declared.''

He said he was weighing several things, including the talent level of next season's Kentucky team and the possibility of an NBA lockout. Coach John Calipari has encouraged him to return to Kentucky, Patterson said, although he believes he is ready to play at the next level.
    Okay, I'm confused. I thought the possibility of a lockout in 2011 was supposed to be motivating players to go ahead and declare this season instead of waiting until next. That logic also indicated that the college freshmen of the upcoming season might end up staying in school for two years because of the 2011 lockout.

This seems to be indicating that the lockout could motivate Patterson to wait. I'm too tired to dig around online and figure it out.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Okay, I'm confused. I thought the possibility of a lockout in 2011 was supposed to be motivating players to go ahead and declare this season instead of waiting until next. That logic also indicated that the college freshmen of the upcoming season might end up staying in school for two years because of the 2011 lockout.

This seems to be indicating that the lockout could motivate Patterson to wait. I'm too tired to dig around online and figure it out.

I read it that a potential lockout is one of the things he's weighing, not one of the reasons he'd consider staying.

Interesting that Cal is encouraging him to come back.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I'm sure you've got some proof.

You wouldn't come in this thread and make HIGHLY disparaging comments about a bunch of 19 year old kids (if Cal is dirty, so are they) without some sort of proof.

Surely no one would make such an ass of themselves without some real solid evidence that Eric Bledsoe, John Wall, Demarcus Cousins, and/or Daniel Orton received cash payments from Cal. They ARE real people, in case you've forgotten. Hopefully you'll think before typing such slanderous, libelous comments on a public forum again.
    Sure I can, I believe I just did. It was really easy, in fact.

Sorry, anybody who takes that post "as slanderous and libelous" instead of pretty much tongue in cheek needs a serious dose of relaxation. There was very little sincerity in my my book.

Now, if you want to get serious, attending college for one year while playing for a proven two time cheater makes you dirty in my book. Not that it matters to any of them anyway. They got their year of college ball in, and now they are going to the pros.
    Last edited by reds44; 04-11-2010 at 04:35 AM.

NM

Turn Off Ads?