Turn Off Ads?
Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Instead of throwing down veiled insults, why not take part in the discussion, Cedric? Do you have anything to add that might change any minds or do you just troll?
    I agree, this is getting old. Until something actually does happen where Kentucky actually does receive the hammer (and not some Kroger tabloid such as TMZ reporting it), then come back with the "We told you so" comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

TMZ is not just some Kroger tabloid anymore. They break a ton of stories that turn out to be true. They have a lot of sources and pay top dollar for good info. No outlet is perfect and by no means would I take what they report as gospel, but they're credible enough for you to not just brush aside a TMZ report.

And besides, all TMZ reported was that the NCAA is investigating some allegations. That's probably true, they look into hundreds of allegations every year, doesn't mean anything more will come of it, nor did TMZ claim to have info that proves anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Instead of throwing down veiled insults, why not take part in the discussion, Cedric? Do you have anything to add that might change any minds or do you just troll?
    Cedric likes to try to troll UK fans. My advice would be to put him on your ignore list. Voila, no more trolling from Cedric.

Just saw UK might be trying to get involved with Austin Rivers. Interesting to say the least.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Whats the scoop on this Rivers kid?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Whats the scoop on this Rivers kid?
    Son of Doc Rivers, no 3 prospect overall by Scout and Rivals behind Michael Gilchrist and Quincy Miller. Originally committed to Florida but backed off and is looking around. Thought to be a Duke lean.

Think Stephen Curry. Great shooter and can also run the point if needed, but not so great on defense.

Aside from Rivers, two others to keep your eyes on:

Quincy Miller, who I mentioned above, is another Raleigh product. Was thought to be in with Duke but Louisville has crept into the picture. A 6'8 PF who likely will fill out into the Kevin Durant mold.

Anthony Davis, who has really shot up the boards. He is a 7'0 who can absolutely run the floor and also has range. Was a SG starting out when he was smaller, but had a pretty nice growth spurt. This is the type of player that Cal covets for the DDMO.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Good news Kentucky fans : John Calipari's recruiting reputation is getting a boost. Need I mention this is bad news for everyone else?

Calipari's been synonymous with NBA-bound point guards, sending the likes of Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans and John Wall to the pros, two of whom were selected No. 1 overall. Well, with DeMarcus Cousins and Daniel Orton going in 2010's first round, prospective bigs are taking notice.

Amir Williams, a 6-foot-10 center from Detroit, told the Lexington Herald-Leader that a coach who can get big men into the NBA is a huge recruiting plus.

"That's real important," Williams said. "I want to go to a school that will use their 'bigs,' develop their 'bigs' and put them in the pros."

He's not the only one, either.

Recruits such as Anthony Davis and Kyle Wiltjer have elevated Kentucky on their short list and others figure to do the same. The dribble-drive offense may scare off some recruits (it's seen as more guard-friendly), but those concerns will evaporate as more and more big men get drafted.

"I think Calipari's reputation extends almost equally to big guys as point guards," analyst Brick Oettinger of the Prep Stars recruiting service told the paper. "How many other coaches had two freshman big men going in the NBA Draft? And not just this year. Ever."

Just when you thought Calipari couldn't do much better at recruiting
    http://beyondthearc.nbcsports.com/

Potential 2011 starting lineup:

PG-Marquis Teague
    SG-Austin Rivers
    SF-Michael Gilchrist
    PF-Anthony Davis Jr./Quincy Miller
    C-Johnny O'Bryant/Amir Williams

Not counting a bench that could feature Jon Hood, Doron Lamb, Darius Miller, and Deandre Liggins.

/=or

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Potential 2011 starting lineup:

PG-Marquis Teague
    SG-Austin Rivers
    SF-Michael Gilchrist
    PF-Anthony Davis Jr./Quincy Miller
    C-Johnny O'Bryant/Amir Williams

Not counting a bench that could feature Jon Hood, Doron Lamb, Darius Miller, and Deandre Liggins.

/=or
    I know they're great prospects but will you be excited to start five freshmen? Although, in your scenario, I imagine that either Lamb or Miller will start and push either Teague or Rivers to the bench.

Cal won't start 5 freshmen his 3rd year on the job. It's highly likely that 3 (possibly more) of the 2010 guys stick around for at least a 2nd year.

Lamb, Poole, Vargas are 2+ IMO.

IMO out of Knight, Jones, and Kanter at least one will return for a second season, with Kanter being the least likely to return.

If I had to bet, I'd go with Jones. Kanter is just too good to stay another year IMO. Knight will be one of the few good PGs, so he is almost a lock IMO.

Knight's situation is an interesting one... he's already almost technically a soph... hell with summer classes he may be one now... he'd have to stumble quite a bit to fall out of the first round.

Knight would theoretically be able to be really close to graduating in only 2 years.

FWIW, both Kanter and Knight have expressed how important an education is in their lives. Knight went to HS at one of Florida's most difficult and advanced high schools with a weighted GPA over 4.5 and Kanter's Dad is a doctor.

That in itself might keep both kids at Kentucky longer than Wall, Cousins, et al. Add in the financial security both families enjoy and the supposed NBA lockout after this season and Calipari could be in quite a fine position this time next season.

Imagine a starting five of:

Knight
    Teague
    Gilchrist
    Jones
    Kanter

with

Lamb
    Liggins
    Poole
    Miller
    Vargas

coming off the bench. (And other non-signed recruits to come.

That's a stacked team right there.

Turn Off Ads?