Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BCS Championship Thread: Alabama vs Texas

BCS Championship Thread: Alabama vs Texas

McCoy out, true frosh Garrett Gilbert starting at QB for the Horns.

Texas up 6-0. Alabama doesn't look like a number one team right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Retired

Re: BCS Championship Thread: Alabama vs Texas

If McCoy doesn't come back, the game is over, Bama will roll.

Imagine being a freshman, and having to play in a national title game, against the #1 defense in the country. Talk about overwhelming, poor kid is probably going to get smoked out there.

Texas doesn't stand a chance without McCoy.

the pass in the endzone before the int and the 3rd down pass to shipley were a couple of good looking balls by the freshman.

Texas is going to need some points from defense or special teams to stay in this game.

Retired

This game is over. Bad call from Mack Brown going with a shovel pass and a freshman QB that is in waaaaaaaaaaaay over his head.

I thought Bama was in trouble there for about 30 seconds. Texas is a bit lucky to only be down 18.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Well this game will tell us exactly nothing. Bama is going to roll, but the McCoy injury ruined the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Well this game will tell us exactly nothing. Bama is going to roll, but the McCoy injury ruined the game.
    Yep. If McCoy hadn't got injured, Texas probably would've scored touchdowns on their first two possessions instead of settling for two field goals. I thought this was going to be a great game but that went out the window the minute McCoy left the game.

I feel bad for Garrett Gilbert, but it's only going to serve him better later in his career at Texas. I'm thinking this will really serve as motivation to get back by his junior or senior season in Austin.

If it weren't for taking two linebackers with first and second round picks the past two years, I wouldn't mind seeing the Bengals take McClain if he was there in the first round. He is going to be a stud.

Looks like God's Conference is going to add another championship.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Texas TD cuts the deficit to 24-13 and now they recover an onside kick with 1:30 remaining in the third quarter.

That probably should've been pass interference on Alabama.

The injury to McCoy was a big loss. (I stopped paying attention at halftime) Unfortunately, we won't know who would've won if his injury had never happened. Would Alabama still have won and become the undisputed #1 team in the nation? We'll never know.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

This entire game changed when Colt got injured and as a college football fan, I feel kind of robbed of the chance to see #1 vs. #2 tonight. I hope Colt will be all right. He seems like a good kid and that has to suck to get injured and miss your last ever college game.

Mad props to this freshman guy for holding things together pretty well in the second half. Wow, I'm impressed he hasn't had a total meltdown and is running the offense pretty well. Good for him.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Texas is going to lose this game. But Gilbert is going to be a stud QB before he leaves.

And as i type that he tosses at TD to make its 24-21 on a sweet 2pt conversion...so maybe they won't lose.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Texas doesn't stand a chance without McCoy.
    Not so fast...

Turn Off Ads?