Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NFL may give incentives to prevent teams from tanking games

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Re: NFL may give incentives to prevent teams from tanking games

Or play AFC games at 1, NFC games at 4. Or vice versa.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Good idea. Colts fans are mad right now, and the NFL doesn't want that, but if they win their next 3 games all will be forgiven. If not, they'll get over it and go running back.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I think the last game of the season should always be a divisional game and every game should start at 3 PM.

This increases the odds that the final game of the season is meaningful and no one gets to see what someone else did earlier in the day.
    This by far the best idea presented.

Seems like a good idea, but I can't see the networks ever going for the "all games start at 3" idea. They'd lose out on too many viewers.
    How about this "whacked-out" idea?

Rotating coverage similar to the NCAA Tournament for the final Sunday.

1)Games played in the Eastern timezone begin at the usual time of 1 EST.

2)Games in Central Timezone begin at 2 EST.

3)Games in Mountain and Pacific timezones begin at 3 EST.

You have to figure that most games will still be in doubt by 3 EST, and the final hour before 60 minutes begins can be utilized for wrap-ups and analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie52 View Post
    Good idea. Colts fans are mad right now, and the NFL doesn't want that, but if they win their next 3 games all will be forgiven. If not, they'll get over it and go running back.
    I'm not mad. I kinda disagree with how they ended the season, but I don't think it's going to be the determining factor in how they play in the post season.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?