Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati reaction to snow

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Re: Cincinnati reaction to snow

I cleaned off the car around 6:15am and was out on the road by 6:30... the normal 45 minute commute took an extra half hour. I made it to work by 745am and was only the second person in. Going home was much, much better!
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 15-11
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Turn Off Ads?

I've enjoyed watching Fort Washington Way and neighboring ramps from my perch above today. Goodness people do some stupid things on slick roads.

Bump.

4 inches of the white stuff on my deck (in Atlanta) this morning. Things in this part of the world are going to effectively be shut down today. Probably tomorrow, too, as it isn't supposed to make it above freezing today. Anything that melts is going to re-freeze again tonight.

Good news is that the kiddo got a sled for Christmas last year. We're going to wear that thing out today.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Bump.

4 inches of the white stuff on my deck (in Atlanta) this morning. Things in this part of the world are going to effectively be shut down today. Probably tomorrow, too, as it isn't supposed to make it above freezing today. Anything that melts is going to re-freeze again tonight.

Good news is that the kiddo got a sled for Christmas last year. We're going to wear that thing out today.
    All those canceled Delta flights will be a hassle nationwide for days

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Bump.

My kids both got Flexible Flyers. I had one as a kid and had long forgotten how they rule the hills. Steering, imagine that?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

Ugh. Snowing again. Hard.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Ugh. Snowing again. Hard.

lol
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    All those canceled Delta flights will be a hassle nationwide for days
    2nd day of pretty much everything being closed. Took my wife up to her gym about a mile away this morning, and the main road near us was a solid sheed of ice. With forecast highs of 34 today, 30 tomorrow, 32 on Thurs and 35 on Fri, it's going to take a loooooooooong time for this stuff to melt.

The good news is that the power outages seem to be miniscule.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Pansies that looks like what 4-6 inches? We would be in school and everyone be fine and dandy (just driving liek Ohioans in the left lane everywhere).
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

Terrible timing for people trying to get to work today, and worse for crews trying to clear the roads. I love looking at the comments in the local online paper; you'd think the people who work for the city road crews are all completely incompetent, when the truth is that snow plows can't keep up with a heavy snowfall...in rush hour traffic. At 5:45am the roads were perfectly clear, with a slight dusting. By 6:30 there was two inches of snow on my driveway, by 7:30 it was about four inches. Off and on, it's kept up, with about 6 inches now.But people act like they must be sitting in their garages, playing cards.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Terrible timing for people trying to get to work today, and worse for crews trying to clear the roads. I love looking at the comments in the local online paper; you'd think the people who work for the city road crews are all completely incompetent, when the truth is that snow plows can't keep up with a heavy snowfall...in rush hour traffic. At 5:45am the roads were perfectly clear, with a slight dusting. By 6:30 there was two inches of snow on my driveway, by 7:30 it was about four inches. Off and on, it's kept up, with about 6 inches now.But people act like they must be sitting in their garages, playing cards.
    Outbound Columbia Parkway was smooth sailing (although SLICK) this morning. The plows were able to do their job because there was little traffic on the eastbound lanes. I felt really bad for those using the inbound lanes, the plows didn't stand a chance.

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

OK, tomorrow...4 to 8 inches...snowing all day.

So, there have been quite a few snows already this winter.

Aren't we used to this and won't we be able to handle things better this time?
    I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Borkowski View Post
    OK, tomorrow...4 to 8 inches...snowing all day.

So, there have been quite a few snows already this winter.

Aren't we used to this and won't we be able to handle things better this time?
    Nah, won't happen. Most of it's supposed to be in the afternoon, I will probably leave work after lunch then just work from home. I have no desire to sit in traffic for 3 hours to get home and hope somebody slide into me.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I love working from home. I'll probably just wait until it stops falling and then get the snowblower out and clear everything. It only takes me about an hour to get the entire driver nice and clean and it's kind of a nice change of pace after sitting at my desk all day. I won't leave the house until the roads are in some semblance of order.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Cincinnati's premiere expedited trucking company

Turn Off Ads?