Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati reaction to snow

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Re: Cincinnati reaction to snow

Still nothing at my work in Mason.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I am the only...I repeat, only person who came into work today here in Columbus. We haven't even had 1 snowflake fall yet.
    I was in Columbus this morning for a meeting. The customer canceled the early morning meeting because of "the bad weather". At the time the meeting would have happened there was zero, zip nada snow, ice or 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse in the area.

I vamped and when I left Columbus around 10:00am it was snowing.

But a preemptive meeting cancellation when the weather hasn't even arrived (let alone not going to work because it's snowing) is simply asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Truthfully, even the sun messes with traffic....
    This is true in the morning for me. I drive up a hill and the sun hits me in an angle where I'm blinded the entire trip up the hill. Or course, this is San Diego.

It is snowing here, just a bit west of Washington, D.C. We are expecting 20+" Like Cincinnati, the reaction here is pure fright.

I went to the liquor store to make sure I had the proper supplies.
    Where we gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    I went to the liquor store to make sure I had the proper supplies.

That's what I do before the "big storms" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    It is snowing here, just a bit west of Washington, D.C. We are expecting 20+" Like Cincinnati, the reaction here is pure fright.
    DC is getting absolutely hammered. Traffic is enough of a nightmare in that town as it is. I don't want to imagine what it's like to get 2.5 feet of snow in an area that is even less prepared for it than SW Ohio and deal with that traffic.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    DC is getting absolutely hammered. Traffic is enough of a nightmare in that town as it is. I don't want to imagine what it's like to get 2.5 feet of snow in an area that is even less prepared for it than SW Ohio and deal with that traffic.
    Take the subway...
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Take the subway...
    The portions of the subway that are above ground close when we have 8 inches or more of snow. This is probably 30 percent or more of the system and is the part that comes out to suburbia. It'll probably shut down around midnight and won't reopen until sometime later this weekend at the earliest.
    Where we gonna go?

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the "Things That Drive You Crazy Redux" thread but I was a little annoyed by all the people driving around just a half hour ago (when it's starting to get dark), and when it's snowing, and they don't bother to turn on their headlights.

C'mon people, a little common sense would be nice if you're driving around in this stuff. You might not think headlights are a big deal if you can see the traffic in front of you. But sometimes if you don't have your headlights on the car in front of you won't be able to see you. And other drivers won't notice you as quickly either even if they're trying to pay attention. And if you're driving a truck with your lights off in this stuff and you're weaving in and out of traffic you're an idiot.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 02-05-2010 at 06:49 PM.

DC always gets hammered when snow comes. There supposed to have 30 inches when this is all done. The equivalent of 300 inches of rain.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Charleston, WV and 6 inches has turned into a dusting and lotsa rain....

Stupid warmer than expected temperature.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Stupid snow. No lake effect off Lake Erie because it's close to iced over, so we get hit with a foot from the south.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

FYI-woke up to 20" and its still coming down. Power was out overnight but came back on at about 6.
    Where we gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    DC always gets hammered when snow comes. There supposed to have 30 inches when this is all done. The equivalent of 300 inches of rain.

I think you have that backwards. Snow has between 5 and 25 times the volume of rain. So it's more like 2-3 inches of rain.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    I think you have that backwards. Snow has between 5 and 25 times the volume of rain. So it's more like 2-3 inches of rain.
    Converting the other way is much more impressive though....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?