Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati reaction to snow

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Re: Cincinnati reaction to snow

9 inches here in northern Columbus....I will admit to being a hypocrite when it comes to wall to wall snow coverage---I complain about it but still will listen to and watch it...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    I think you have that backwards. Snow has between 5 and 25 times the volume of rain. So it's more like 2-3 inches of rain.
    so what is that in dog years?

She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Okay, I know that I started this thread about the area's tendency to overreact to snow, but the roads today are awful. I live in Butler County and it doesn't look like the roads have been treated at all. I went to drop my kid off at the in-laws' and almost slid into a car that had previously slid off the road.

Yet, not even a level one snow emergency. My work is in Mason, and the snow emergency line says they are open. So if I don't make it in, I get in trouble. Argh!

I'd be much more willing to head out to work again if they would cover any car damage or medical expenses that may result from a wreck. It's ridiculous to have people driving in this weather, at least until the roads are plowed.

/rant

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    That actually happened to me once. And I never want it to happen again. Yeah for having started my own business!
    Where no matter where you are, you're stuck at work
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Where no matter where you are, you're stuck at work
    Good point.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Finally made it to work today. 6 people in my department made it, 10 called off.

Glad you made it safe ETR.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I work three blocks from my house, but need my car for heading to the post office and bank, etc. I cleaned my car and headed down to the office, but decided to skip the P.O. today, so drove the car back up the hill. It was really hard once I got near the top. Glad to have it parked for the day.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

http://i50.tinypic.com/11ht8y9.jpg In Columbus, but we're getting a good deal of snow. Once the hydrant disappears, I'll know I'm pretty much screwed lol

Shoveled the driveway and it was all back to white by the time I had finished.

If you are over 45, some professor says you shouldn't shovel snow.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    If you are over 45, some professor says you shouldn't shovel snow.
    Teenagers everywhere sponsored that study.

Quote Originally Posted by Newport Red View Post
    Teenagers everywhere sponsored that study.
    No, my teenager would sponsor a study that says if you are over 45 you should shovel snow. My teenager seems to think melting is a fine option for snow removal, until he wants to be driven somewhere.

FYI--we are expecting another foot in the D.C. area later today and tommorow. My flight to Vegas on Thursday has already been cancelled. Aside from no baseball, I have another very good reason for hating winter.
    Where we gonna go?

About a month ago, I planned three days of meetings that would start tomorrow.... in New York City.

Lucky me.

As they are now projecting 12-18" by tomorrow evening, Delta cancelled my direct flight into LGA a full 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure.

Instead, they now have me routed with one stop through Detroit--which is expecting a mere 7-10" tonight. Best case scenario, I arrive in the city about 8 hours later than planned.

I am not expecting a best case scenario will play out.
    Last edited by Blimpie; 02-09-2010 at 05:21 PM.

Retired

And more snow this morning. I've had my fill of snow for the year, this is getting to be extremely annoying.

Supposed to drive from Columbus to Cincinnati tonight for a dinner engagement. What do the roads look like now in Cincy and on I-71?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Turn Off Ads?