Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dawson to the Baseball Hall of Fame!

Dawson to the Baseball Hall of Fame!

Congratulations, Andre!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dawson to the Baseball Hall of Fame!

only 51.6% for Larkin

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    only 51.6% for Larkin
    Dawson didn't crack 50% until his second year on the ballot. Hopefully Larkin won't have to wait 9 years.

I actually view the 51.6 as encouraging for Larkin. His support will only grow, and I think he gets in before 2015
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Aw man I really feel for Blyleven. Just vote him in already!

Quote Originally Posted by BigKlu View Post
    I actually view the 51.6 as encouraging for Larkin. His support will only grow, and I think he gets in before 2015
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Farnsie View Post
    Aw man I really feel for Blyleven. Just vote him in already!
    and this

"...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"

I think within 2 years Larkin will get in. The 2011 and 2012 candidates seem light to me. 2011's big names are Palmiero and Bagwell and I don't see any possible candidates in 2012.

That is a joke that Larkin didn't make it. First ballot, second ballot, either you're in or not, who cares if its first ballot. Ripken made first ballot, I would take Larkin over Ripken anyday. All that made his big eyed self special was the fact that he played in all those games. Heck I know tons of people that show up for work everyday that aren't good employees. TRust me several have worked for me.

Yes I know Ripken was a great baseball player, but its a joke that Larkin is so underrated as he is...this just pisses me off. I ought to boycott this organization anyway, they don't even have the all time hits leader in there but we don't need to get into that no do we?

I personally think the HOF and its voting system is a joke! If you dont get in the first year, IMO, you shouldnt be elgible for a vote for "x" number of years by the vet committe at that point. I dont see how a player can not be good enough this year, but good enough next, what did he do in the year to improve???
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

I cannot say how I really feel about Jay Mariotti. I don't think RedsZone will let me use that type of language

http://www.baseballink.com/archives/...-bbwaa-4061053
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I personally think the HOF and its voting system is a joke! If you dont get in the first year, IMO, you shouldnt be elgible for a vote for "x" number of years by the vet committe at that point. I dont see how a player can not be good enough this year, but good enough next, what did he do in the year to improve???
    I really hope Barry works on himself this next year and improves himself to the point he's worthy of getting into the HOF.

Thats what I am saying, I dont see how a retired player cant make it one year, but suddenly can be good enough another year, shows the process to be screwy, again, IMO.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Thats what I am saying, I dont see how a retired player cant make it one year, but suddenly can be good enough another year, shows the process to be screwy, again, IMO.
    You have a valid argument. That club is stupid anyway, I came to that conclusion when I heard Bob Feller's weird remarks about the hall and Pete Rose. That ugly old man needs beat with a rubber hose!

Quote Originally Posted by BigKlu View Post
    I agree. It's only the morons who "won't vote anybody on the first ballot" that kept him off.

He SHOULD get on next year IMO.

Truly, in the era he played in, nobody could touch him for overall game. Read the Stark piece if you get a chance. The numbers/stats are actually pretty darn staggering!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Turn Off Ads?