Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Royals looking for CFer

Re: Royals looking for CFer

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Atkins was a bench player the second half and Spilborghs was never an everyday guy. He was their 4th outfielder.
    I'd think it's probably unusual for an NL team to have eight 'everyday' players lead a team in plate appearances. Jonny Gomes and Laynce Nix were both in the top-eight but were both considered to be part of a platoon. Willy Taveras lost his position to Drew Stubbs by the end of the season. Jerry Hairston (5th on the team in PA) was traded at the deadline. Paul Janish was 11th on the team in PA despite leading the team in games at SS. AGon led the team in starts at SS and was below Janish in PA.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    A LITTLE misleading?

I thought it was a LOT misleading.
    I think he was referring to your post. You seemed to be saying that the Reds head into OD in worse shape, but the folks you referenced, only the catchers and Janish will likely be in the Reds OD lineup. Plus, you used the benchmark of 85, while the other commentary used 80. The Reds lineup is not top 5 on paper, but it is at least middle of the pack. If that is the Royals OD lineup, it is predictably anemic.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Sorry folks but Dayton Moore said last night he was close to signing a "speed type guy" to man CF. Smart money is on Scott Podsednik.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    Sorry folks but Dayton Moore said last night he was close to signing a "speed type guy" to man CF. Smart money is on Scott Podsednik.
    It is Scott Podsednik pending a physical

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    It is Scott Podsednik pending a physical
    A solid signing, I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    A solid signing, I like it.
    Hopefully you're getting the '09 Pods and not the 06-08 version. Is he considered a plus defender in CF?

So, what happened to David DeJesus as CFer? They moved him to LF last year I see, but I don't know why. Now, they have a LFer playing CF that has not played the position regularly, and never well, who is just as likely to be the Royals' WT as he is to be the player he was last year. I'm not seeing what is "solid" about that.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    So, what happened to David DeJesus as CFer? They moved him to LF last year I see, but I don't know why. Now, they have a LFer playing CF that has not played the position regularly, and never well, who is just as likely to be the Royals' WT as he is to be the player he was last year. I'm not seeing what is "solid" about that.
    Pods has played almost as many games in CF as LF. He's slightly below average defensively but the Royals are probably figuring his speed will be put to better use in CF playing in the huge canyon known as Kauffman Stadium. Also playing DeJesus in LF might save his legs because he's much more valuable to that team than people realize.

Turn Off Ads?