Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Howard Stern's Artie Lange attempts suicide

Howard Stern's Artie Lange attempts suicide

Artie Lange Page 6: Artie Lange Stabs Himself Nine Times in Suicide Attempt

Howard Stern sidekick Artie Lang is in the hospital after stabbing himself nine times in an apparent suicide attempt, according to Page 6 of the New York Post.

Lange's publicist confirmed that the radio host was hospitalized. The Post says surgeons were able to save him despite heavy bleeding.

Lange's mother called police Saturday morning after entering his Hoboken, N.J. apartment and found the bloodied comedian, a law-enforcement source told the New York paper. "Lange sustained six 'hesitation wounds' and three deep plunges," the paper wrote.

The 42-year-old Lange has been absent from Stern's Sirius radio show for a month. On Monday's show, Stern said Lange isn't leaving the program and called him "a tremendous contributor."

Lange is a New Jersey native who lives in Hoboken and has battled drug addiction. In September, a New Jersey judge revoked his driving privileges for seven months after he admitted he was under the influence of prescribed sleeping pills in a minor traffic accident.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Howard Stern's Artie Lange attempts suicide

Ouch. If you chose to go that route, there are quite a few less painful ways to go.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

Wow... pretty sad day for Stern fans.

It is hard to believe that someone with absolutely impeccable comedic timing could be so totally hellbent on self-destruction.

How very Belushi of him.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    Wow... pretty sad day for Stern fans.

It is hard to believe that someone with absolutely impeccable comedic timing could be so totally hellbent on self-destruction.

How very Belushi of him.
    You should read his book .then you'd understand about him a little more .having read the book im not totally suprised by this news.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Artie is still on Stern? I thought he left there years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

i love artie...the show isn't the same without him...

Lange reminds me a little of John Daly in that their vices are a major part of their appeal to fans. No one is a bigger enabler of Daly than his fans and I wonder how much Artie suffers from the same thing. The best thing for him is to disappear from the public and get some serious help.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

I haven't watched that show in quite a while (years). That said, I hope he can make it through this.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

I've seen and heard Stern make some pretty crude remarks about other people's misfortunes, I wonder how funny he thinks this is?

Quote Originally Posted by cinredsfan2000 View Post
    You should read his book .then you'd understand about him a little more .having read the book im not totally suprised by this news.
    Haven't found the time to read the book, but I am quite familiar with him.

My reference to Belushi was more of an over-arching comment about all of the falling star comedians who have had similar issues with self-loathing (e.g. Lenny Bruce, Richard Pryor, Chris Farley, etc...)
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    My reference to Belushi was more of an over-arching comment about all of the falling star comedians who have had similar issues with self-loathing (e.g. Lenny Bruce, Richard Pryor, Chris Farley, etc...)
    Artie actually noted on air the day he officially outlived Belushi. He had always stated he didn't think he would. FWIW he also mentioned the day he outlived his quadraplegic father who died in his VERY early 40's after falling from a roof. I think Artie took that hard since he was always in charge of holding the ladder while his father was working on TV antennas.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Turn Off Ads?