Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Bengals vs Jets - 1st Playoff win in 19 years...yeah right

Re: Bengals vs Jets - 1st Playoff win in 19 years

Well on the bright side...No more Brad Johansen screaming his head off like Armageddon just started every time Benson runs for 2 yards.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Good by Bengal standards, but 4-7 in out of division games, and 1-4 in the last 5 games of the years are not good at all.

Still, I'm afraid Mike & Marvin will view it as a success
    Considering they done what few fans believed they could (about what I expected, but wasn't hoping for a playoff win at least though) I'd call it a succesful season, assuming they improve from here on for the next handful of years while we have Carson. And he really needs to do some improving himself in the offseason, rough season for him.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Something is wrong with Palmer physically. He's borderline terrible at this point.

Oh yeah, Shayne Graham...see ya.
    I was shocked to see how bad Palmer is now, I am a Colts fan and thought that maybe I was just spoiled watching Manning.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Well, we should see several changes before next year...

Graham will be gone and you might see Chad and Brat go as well.

This team isn't far off. If Carson can turn the corner (or is he done??) with an improved receiving corp and offensive scheme, that combined with the defense should be enough.

On the glass empty side, the Bengals will face a division winner schedule and the Ravens and Steelers don't stay down for long.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I was shocked to see how bad Palmer is now, I am a Colts fan and thought that maybe I was just spoiled watching Manning.
    I really think something is wrong with his arm. He isn't the same QB he was a couple seasons ago. He struggles to make even the simplest passes. He is going down the path of Drew Bledsoe.
    DLC11@Insightbb.com

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Wikipedia has been updated saying Shayne was cut on Jan 10th. Pretty funny.
    Witty signature.

Graham and Brat need canned, although I guess I'm only saying that in reaction to a bad game. Offense was terrible, including Palmer. WTF was wrong with him? He was the last player that I thought would choke in the playoffs.

Revis is tough, but it seems like every play of his is a borderline pass interference. He is really good at being juuust physical enough to not get a flag thrown.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    I really think something is wrong with his arm. He isn't the same QB he was a couple seasons ago. He struggles to make even the simplest passes.

Did he have surgury to correct the arm problem for last year or did he just rehab?

I watched the Bengals play 4 or 5 times and other than the Bears game and the 4th quarter of a Steeler game I thought he just looked like Bruce Gradkowski.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I think you underestimate how important Chris Henry was to the team. The Jets just needed to stick it to 85 all game and they did that. And as a Colts fan, I think you would recognize how important it is to have options when you throw the ball; just think how hard it would be for Manning without having the best TE in the game.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Henry barely got any PT. The reason Palmer is playing terrible is that he can't hit his targets. Half of the completions are just good plays by the receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I think you underestimate how important Chris Henry was to the team. The Jets just needed to stick it to 85 all game and they did that. And as a Colts fan, I think you would recognize how important it is to have options when you throw the ball; just think how hard it would be for Manning without having the best TE in the game.
    I understand how important Henry was to the offense, he stretched the field.

Look and see who Manning was throwing to this season, Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie, Jacob Tamme and Tom Santi, good quarterbacks make do with what they have. Tom Brady has Randy Moss and Wes Welker now but look at who he threw to in the past, Dion Branch, Troy Brown and so on, not exactly pro bowlers.

I do not think Clark is the best TE in the game, he drops too many catchable passes. Clark is very good but not the best.
    Last edited by redsfanmia; 01-09-2010 at 09:02 PM.

The Bungles showed up today. Palmer was awful as well
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Palmer needs to get his thumb fixed on his left hand and then work on his mechanics so he can stop over throwing WRs.

Palmer definitely needs (and needed) surgery.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Well, we should see several changes before next year...

Graham will be gone and you might see Chad and Brat go as well.

This team isn't far off. If Carson can turn the corner (or is he done??) with an improved receiving corp and offensive scheme, that combined with the defense should be enough.

On the glass empty side, the Bengals will face a division winner schedule and the Ravens and Steelers don't stay down for long.
    I would not be suprised to see a QB contigency plan. Carson, no matter what he says, is a different QB than he was 2 years ago. Is it his arm? Maybe. But it's his head too. He's never really got on track this year, throwing passes that are way off the mark.

Either through Free Agency or the draft, I think we'll see someone more competent behind Carson.

As far as Brat goes. He better be a goner or I will not watch another Bengal game as long as he's the OC. It's like playing poker with a guy who holds his cards backwards.
    Witty signature.

Turn Off Ads?