Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals 2010 pt. I

Re: Bengals 2010

Hopefully Jones has cleaned his act up and can help the Bengals at a position they need help at.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    In my opinion, MB's sole motivation, as always, is money. He can sign players like this for less money. And that means more money in his pocket. And generally, the players are talented and would probably be worth more than MB is paying them if it weren't for their.....um.....indiscretions.

Mike Brown doesn't make ANY decision without careful consideration of the financial benefits to the Brown family. I'm not saying that IT is Completely wrong, but it generally does not bode well for success on the field as we fans well know over the past umpteen years.

Not every redeemed player is going to work out and the odds are it ends worse than the possible benefits that could come out of it.
    Though I won't argue against Brown being a spendthrift, he spends to the salary cap every year. Spending less on one player doesn't really save him money.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Mike Brown spends to the salary cap because he doesn't know how to manipulate it like the rest of the league does. If a different team in the league had the contracts Brown did, they would've done maneuvers to make room under the cap and obtain more expensive, talented players.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Mike Brown spends to the salary cap because he doesn't know how to manipulate it like the rest of the league does. If a different team in the league had the contracts Brown did, they would've done maneuvers to make room under the cap and obtain more expensive, talented players.
    True, Brown's certainly conservative on that front. He's stated his desire to avoid having the contracts build up over the years, though he's shown more creativity on that front recently with the contracts that Chad and Carson signed specifically. Eventually the cap comes back to bite everyone but I wish he'd be more creative about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I will start to rethink my position of Mike Brown being cheap once the team has a practice bubble and an adequate scouting department.

I'm not sure how I feel about buying tickets & merchandise for the Bengals that help make Mike Brown rich, while he continues to field a traditionally mediocre to poor team, with a roster of guys that have well-documented police blotters.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    In the case against Matt Jones, I don't think he's as bad of a character guy as a lot of us are making him out to be. His first conviction was for having cocaine in his car. He had someone else in the car with him at the time, and he denied that the cocaine belonged to him. The second arrest came because he violated probation by testing positive for alcohol. Yes, alcohol. Jones clearly isn't a saint, but it's not like he beats his wife.
    According to the police report an officer witnessed him cutting up some coke in the car. He wasn't some innocent bystander on this one.

http://static.katv.com/news/jones2.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    According to the police report an officer witnessed him cutting up some coke in the car. He wasn't some innocent bystander on this one.

http://static.katv.com/news/jones2.pdf
    Personally, I don't buy Matt Jones' story one bit, but I just mean to say he's not a violent offender or someone who is constantly in the spotlight for his misbehavior. His second arrest was for testing positive for alcohol. Sure, it was dumb and inconsiderate of him, but is that really such a big sign that he's going to constantly be in trouble for his ways?

I read they signed kicker Dave Rayner to replace Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Boldin has problems staying healthy
    Yes, he does. But, what would you rather have? Someone who's healthy for 10 games who catches what's thrown to him or someone who's healthy for 16 games because he doesn't catch what's thrown to him (he's afraid of being hit).

Matt Jones' only problem is he has to quit doing the Coke. And, it has to be for a while. After that "while" happens, he has to work his tail off and get into shape mentally and physically. If all of that happens, he'd be an asset to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Matt Jones' only problem is he has to quit doing the Coke. And, it has to be for a while. After that "while" happens, he has to work his tail off and get into shape mentally and physically. If all of that happens, he'd be an asset to the team.
    So, you like his chances, eh?
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    I read they signed kicker Dave Rayner to replace Graham.
    WKRC Cincinnati confirms that the Bengals have no plans to retain free agent K Shayne Graham.
    The Bengals are dumping Graham, their 2009 franchise player, after one bad season out of the last several. Someone's going to get a pretty good kicker in free agency. Graham is only 32 and offers lots of leg strength.

Graham is only 32 and offers lots of leg strength.
    Graham may be accurate but his leg strength leaves a lot to be desired especially on kick offs.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Rotoworld's comments are inaccurate about his leg strength. He's not horrible, but they imply that he's worth the risk of making very many 50+ attempts on a season. That's just not true, especially with the new rules where the other team gets the ball back from the point where the kick was made from and not the line of scrimmage.

Someone will get a good kicker, but you just can't keep a guy who choked so badly for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    So, you like his chances, eh?
    It didn't sound like I did, but I actually do. He should eliminate the need to use a 1st or 2nd Round pick on a Wide Receiver. At least they'll have 10 weeks to figure that out now.

Turn Off Ads?