Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals 2010 pt. I

Re: Bengals 2010

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Adding a receiver through FA isn't looking too good.

Anquan Boldin to the Ravens for 3rd and 4th round picks.

Kevin Walter resigned with Houston (thank God)

Brandon Marshall is likely headed to Seattle.
    Why would you thank God that Walter didn't come to Cincinnati? He would have been a great asset for CP9.

Add Walter and T.O. and let's roll.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Why would you thank God that Walter didn't come to Cincinnati? He would have been a great asset for CP9.

Add Walter and T.O. and let's roll.
    Walter already re-signed with the Texans yesterday.
    Its looking like it will be Owens and whoever they pick in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Walter already re-signed with the Texans yesterday.
    Its looking like it will be Owens and whoever they pick in the draft.
    I know, I was just speaking in the hypothetical of what I would've liked to have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I know, I was just speaking in the hypothetical of what I would've liked to have seen.
    I don't think Walter really improves upon anything we already have. That's just me though.

TO is definitely better than Coles, and we need to pick a receiver in either the first or second round of the draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Fingers crossed they sign TO, I think it'd be a great short term move. Really wish they would have went after Boldin.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Short term get Owens for a one year deal and groom Tate to be the man after he leaves. Tate can also help the return game as well.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Have there been any updates on TO lately?

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Did anyone post this already?

Owens to change name to Ocho Uno if signed by the Bengals...

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the...me_to_ocho_uno

I really don't understand the love for Golden Tate, he reminds me of Peter Warrick. There's a strong possibility that Dez Bryant will be there and if that's the case, he should definitely be our pick. Imagine him lining up in the slot his rookie year with Ochocinco and Owens on the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    I really don't understand the love for Golden Tate, he reminds me of Peter Warrick. There's a strong possibility that Dez Bryant will be there and if that's the case, he should definitely be our pick. Imagine him lining up in the slot his rookie year with Ochocinco and Owens on the outside.
    Can one team hold three egos that large? I can't imagine there will be enough balls to go around to keep any of the three happy.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Anyone else for giving up a 2nd round pick for Leon Washington? IMO, he'd be a great compliment for Ced, plus he can return kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Can one team hold three egos that large? I can't imagine there will be enough balls to go around to keep any of the three happy.
    The most overrated concept in football is "team chemistry." There's always going to be a certain division between some players within the clubhouse -- it's only "exposed" as a problem if the team is not winning. If the Bengals have Ochocinco, Owens, and Bryant lining up, the team is going to win. And Owens is only a short-term answer for a year or two tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Anyone else for giving up a 2nd round pick for Leon Washington? IMO, he'd be a great compliment for Ced, plus he can return kicks.
    I'm not really down for that. I like Bernard Scott enough to think that isn't necessary. If they're going to trade a 2nd rounder, I'd rather it be for someone like Greg Olsen.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    What makes you think there's a strong possibility Dez Bryant will be there at 21? I've yet to see a single mock draft that has him still available at 15, let alone 21. I don't think anyone would advocate selecting Tate over Bryant, but the problem is I don't think Bryant will be there at 21.

I can see where you're coming from with the Peter Warrick comparisons, although I don't remember Warrick being nearly as fast as Tate.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I'm not really down for that. I like Bernard Scott enough to think that isn't necessary. If they're going to trade a 2nd rounder, I'd rather it be for someone like Greg Olsen.
    Agreed.

Even better would be trading a 3rd and 4th rounder for Anquan Boldin.

I'd still give a 1st rounder for Marshall, or a 2nd rounder for Olsen. I'm not really interested in giving up anything of value for Leon Washington at this point. Bernard Scott can fill that role.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?