Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals 2010 pt. I

Re: Bengals 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    More special than Matt Jones, who adds nothing to the offense, was my point. I'd rather have neither of them and go after another free agent WR.
    I don't see that an issue. The Bengals basically signed Jones for the minimum. I don't know the contract status, but they may be able to cut him without paying him any money. To me this is kind of like signing DeDe Dorsey to play RB, adds depth but no guarantees.

2. Turn Off Ads?

More special than Matt Jones, who adds nothing to the offense, was my point. I'd rather have neither of them and go after another free agent WR.
    Jones had almost 800 receiving yards in 08. While I don't expect him to be a 1,000 yards receiver here, he could be a great redzone/3rd down target for us.

I also don't see how signing a guy to a 1 year 700K deal is going to stop us from going out and getting another WR if we deem it necessary.

Matt Jones adds size (6'6) and the possibility of a red zone target for Palmer. We lost our red zone target last season with Chris Henry. I think MJ could more than qualify for what we need.

I think we could still sign Terrell Owens as well. Actually, I am hoping we sign TO.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Listening to the Bengals coaches that watched his workout, it doesn't sound like Jones adds anything. I saw the Bengals should convert him to TE if he can block.

I'd like to see us go after Kevin Walter. (For the record, I have no personal biases for or against him when he was a Bengal. I'm only looking at his potential value over the next two years based upon what he's done the last two years.) He got lost in the shuffle last year. Schaub wasn't real comfortable with him in the Redzone like he was the year before. He had the highest catch percentage on the Houston staff, though. His catch percentage was also in the low 70's, one of the top-5 in the NFL. Houston's indicated that they are going to go with Jacoby Jones as a starter next year and not retain Walter if Walter gets a decent offer from someone. Walter is an Unrestricted Free Agent with 6+ years of service, so CBA or no CBA, he'll remain Unrestricted.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 02-19-2010 at 06:38 AM.

Walter was a fantasy stud for me two years ago. He would instantly become our 2nd best receiver, IMO. Love the way he plays football. He's a hard-nosed receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Walter was a fantasy stud for me two years ago. He would instantly become our 2nd best receiver, IMO. Love the way he plays football. He's a hard-nosed receiver.
    It's not like he doesn't know Brat's system. Who doesn't when it comes down to it?

Oh, wait. Jerome Simpson doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It's not like he doesn't know Brat's system. Who doesn't when it comes down to it?

Oh, wait. Jerome Simpson doesn't.
    Neither did the Chicago Bears, apparently.

I agree with Walter. A Wesley Welker type WR is what Carson needs if he does not have a TE to throw to. Someone he can count on for 3rd down.

They are not going to try a guy who is not that big to begin with and cannot really block at TE...when he was signed a s a WR. They already have one guy who appears useless as a TE for their system drafted last year.

TO is the kind of player that has already messed up teams with thicker skin than this one....him and Chad would be fun if they were winning but a nightmare if they are losing.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Neither did the Chicago Bears, apparently.
    No they didn't, did they?

Just throwing it out there, but would anyone get behind signing the now free agent LT?

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    Just throwing it out there, but would anyone get behind signing the now free agent LT?
    Why, was he arrested?

Seriously though, no way. He is done, finished, kaput.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    Probably not since Benson wants to be the main guy.
    LT also looks like hes slowed down but he could probably still help a team out with his pass catching ability.

Why, was he arrested?

Seriously though, no way. He is done, finished, kaput.
    I don't think it would take much, plus I'm sure he is motivated to prove exactly the opposite - that he can still produce.

It would be nice to have a short pass option considering Cedric can't really catch.

Turn Off Ads?