Turn Off Ads?
Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals 2010 pt. I

Re: Bengals 2010

Mike has really made a 180 lately, I guess getting up there in age he really wants to win. Now the team just has to survive camp without serious injuries.

2. Turn Off Ads?

They still need pass blocking OL.....only Whitworth, to me...seems capable of doing that on an OK basis.

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    Mike has really made a 180 lately, I guess getting up there in age he really wants to win. Now the team just has to survive camp without serious injuries.
    I firmly believe that the NFL gave Mike an edict to change the way he ran the organization or change were going to be made. I think shortly after that Marvin was hired and the limited scouting department was increased. I also don't think you can underscore the impact on scouting that technology has made. It has made it feasible to scout with a much smaller scouting department.

That said I also think a couple of years of sold out tickets have made an impact on Mike. It is a lot nicer when you start the season with all the money in your pocket by mid June. I think Mike got used to that and wants that to happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    They still need pass blocking OL.....only Whitworth, to me...seems capable of doing that on an OK basis.
    They won't truly be great unless some miracle happens up front. Their OL is weak still.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I also think he hired a good coach for the first time in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I firmly believe that the NFL gave Mike an edict to change the way he ran the organization or change were going to be made. I think shortly after that Marvin was hired and the limited scouting department was increased. I also don't think you can underscore the impact on scouting that technology has made. It has made it feasible to scout with a much smaller scouting department.

That said I also think a couple of years of sold out tickets have made an impact on Mike. It is a lot nicer when you start the season with all the money in your pocket by mid June. I think Mike got used to that and wants that to happen again.
    I don't think so. If thay were the case, the NFL would have stepped in and done something about the Lions, Raiders, Rams, Cards, and Saints at one point or another. The Bengals may have had a historically bad run through the 90s and early 2000s, but not any worse than what those other teams have had. At least Brown never hired a TV commentator to run his team. I think the only time the NFL has put pressure on Brown to do something is put in field turf when the grass at PBS wouldn't take root.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I don't think so. If thay were the case, the NFL would have stepped in and done something about the Lions, Raiders, Rams, Cards, and Saints at one point or another. The Bengals may have had a historically bad run through the 90s and early 2000s, but not any worse than what those other teams have had. At least Brown never hired a TV commentator to run his team. I think the only time the NFL has put pressure on Brown to do something is put in field turf when the grass at PBS wouldn't take root.
    TV commentator looks like Vince Lombardi compared to Dave Shula.

Dave Shula being hired as a head coach has to be the worst coaching hire in sports history.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    TV commentator looks like Vince Lombardi compared to Dave Shula.

Dave Shula being hired as a head coach has to be the worst coaching hire in sports history.
    At least Shula never went 0-16. The worst move from that time was dumping Esiason for Klingler. Ripped the heart right out of the team.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post

The NFL does not need the Bengals to be good, actually they would rather the division every year I'm sure.

Also, they haven't sold out early. Last year was the worst ticket sales year since 2003 I believe. They had to get bailed out 6 or 7 of the 8 home games to avoid blackout.

I do agree Marvin has had a big impact.

Embarrassing. Well, so much for improving that weak offensive line. Injury to any of the starters, and the Bengals are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by BringDownMugabe View Post

Embarrassing. Well, so much for improving that weak offensive line. Injury to any of the starters, and the Bengals are in trouble.

I bet Bobbie Williams probably weighs about as much if not more than Smith.
    Though Smith does need to lose about 30-40 pounds due to him playing RT.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    I bet Bobbie Williams probably weighs about as much if not more than Smith.
    Though Smith does need to lose about 30-40 pounds due to him playing RT.
    That, and Bobbie Williams is a veteran and you know what you're going to get. Andre Smith had weight issues coming out of college, signed a incentive-based weight loss NFL contract, missed most of his rookie year (which can be attributed to his poor conditioning), and is now on the PUP this preseason because he reported to camp out of shape...again.

I know O-Lineman aren't going to win any modeling contests, but that picture is all I needed to see.

Quote Originally Posted by BringDownMugabe View Post

I dont know why these photos are embarrassing.

Looks like he has his eye on the NFL's biggest bust Hall of Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Looks like he has his eye on the NFL's biggest bust Hall of Shame.
    He's got a LOOOOOTTTT of work to do if he's even going to approach JaWalrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?